Some Might Say

Jerry Reed sang that there song, I believe! Right Ryan?

Yep.. although it was about getting caught gambling in an alley and trying to bribe the judge..

"Whadda you mean 'contempt of court'?"

Lots of water with lemon juice in it.

I've taken a liking to adding a pinch (and literally that.. just a pinch) of mortons "lite salt" to a tall glass (maybe 3 cups of water) which is a salt and potassium chloride blend for some extra cheap electrolyte balance. I've found it really hydrates better and I feel a lot better faster when I use it.

I'll have to try that, though I only have sea salt in the house. I rarely ever use salt for anything. I run through a small shaker of sea salt in about a year. Most foods give me enough salt naturally. I was told by a doctor that adding the lemon juice to the water will revitalize your electrolytes naturally and quickly. But, hey! New things come around all the time.

It's been in the high 90s here in TN for a couple of days... today looks like rain. Since my little bout with the blood thinner poisoning, I've stayed pretty close to my lounge chair since I got home from the hospital....leg's about near normal color, just a little yellow and green on the inside thigh just above the knee.

Can't wait until I can get back into the shop.... Fortunately my shop sits under a couple of big oaks and an elm, so it's in the shade most of the day and the two times I was out last week, inside temp was only 80.... problem right now isn't the temp, but the standing... still gathering strength in the rainbow leg.

I'll have to try that, though I only have sea salt in the house

Yeah I found the smidge of potassium helped me more than plain salt, but that might have as much to do with my internal chemistry as anything. I got the idea when LOML had gotten some rehydration tabs and I read the components list on the back ... and figured out "hey I could just make this for 1/10 the price" hah. I have one little container that's about 5 years old and use it at least 4 or 5 times / week in the summer at least so that gives some idea of how little I add.

The lemon juice definitely helps as well, partially because it has sugar which helps absorption and has some of the other trace minerals we need as well. Its moderate in potassium and low in sodium.

Everybody gets older whether they recognize the fact or not. For some strange reason we never get younger. My shop gets hot pretty quick. Even with some large fans blowing. I can handle the heat up to around 100 then I have to call it a day. I am actually a bit more concerned about the dogs than myself. They insist on going out when I do. But at least when I go back out when it is really hot, and I tell them stay in, they don't argue. Today it hit 112 straight up, no heat index. Oh, well. This is summertime and Texas.

Mike, I think nowadays I sweat buckets. Which technically is supposed to be good. If you don't sweat, you have a problem. But, if you sweat, you be alright! I consume a lot of garlic which besides being good for ya, it also helps me sweat more.

Mike, I think nowadays I sweat buckets. Which technically is supposed to be good. If you don't sweat, you have a problem. But, if you sweat, you be alright! I consume a lot of garlic which besides being good for ya, it also helps me sweat more.
I sweat like Niagara Falls, Dave. Most of the time I have to leave the shop because I am raining on the cast iron tables and lathe ways.

I hear ya! When came home this afternoon it was 114. Watched it crawl up to 117. Back down to 109 now. AWK!!! No wonder my enthusiasm for working in the shop is not what is usually is.