Something New for Something Old

Interesting that she's got a $3000 modern machine, but still uses that old relic.

:rofl:

Well speaking of old relics, the boss has still stuck with me as well so I guess I'm happy to take what I can get in that regard.

More seriously sometimes the older machines are a lot easier/faster to setup for simple things, so it probably makes sense in some cases.

...sometimes the older machines are a lot easier/faster to setup for simple things, so it probably makes sense in some cases.
According to her, all the modern machines have multiple types of stitches, and the have to 'compromise' in the straight stitch's quality, but the old machines - like this on ONLY DO straight stitches, and they do them perfectly. :dunno:

the old machines - like this on ONLY DO straight stitches, and they do them perfectly

I've heard the same thing, less slop in the movement maybe? I know a couple serious seamstresses (and at least two seamsters - is that the word? heh) that have a whole collection of different machines all for specific stitches and purposes. I guess given my hand plane collection I'll just nod and claim it makes sense :)