sometime I hate browser software

Don Baer

Staff member
I use Chrome because it the preferred browser of many of the insurance companies I deal with but it can be so frustrating. It must snuck in an update when I wasn't looking and now it has determined that one of the sites I visit regularly is not safe so now I got to go into settings and put in permission for that site what a PIA. WHY DO THESE PEOPLE ASSUME that everyone needs to be protected without asking permission. I would run firefox but I hate switching back and for between browsers when I have to access certain sites. arrrrrrgggg.

I've used most of the browsers out there, but always came back to Chrome for consistency. I like the feature you described. When I've seen a popup offering protection on a site I haven't had a problem with before, I simply click the option to proceed to the site.

I've used most of the browsers out there, but always came back to Chrome for consistency. I like the feature you described. When I've seen a popup offering protection on a site I haven't had a problem with before, I simply click the option to proceed to the site.
This one is blocking me and not giving me a choice. Also the site it is blocking is one I visit often and have for the last 18 months. All of a sudden Chrome decides that it is not safe and doesn't even ask me.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to agree with Art Bucholtz....
Computers make it easier to do lots of things, problem is, a lot things computer makes easier don 't need to be done.

Every time I get used to using a particular operating system or browser, they "upgrade" to a new one that doesn't seem near as productive.

This one is blocking me and not giving me a choice. Also the site it is blocking is one I visit often and have for the last 18 months. All of a sudden Chrome decides that it is not safe and doesn't even ask me.
Well, it probably is . . . unsafe that is. The trigger is that a site does not meet minimum security levels generally accepted at a point in time by the browser. Under settings 'somewhere' in Chrome is a whitelist that you can add to if you want to continue to use the site without the warning. Myself and many others here who grew up in I.T. can tell you that false financial savings mentality, laziness, and outright ignorance allows things to perpetuate on the internet that have not been well maintained. My response would be to contact the webmaster at the site and ask why they are falling short of perceived norms . . . but then I'm a bit of a jerk :D

I was having issues with my Firefox bookmarks getting invalidated and after some consideration, I realized it happened after doing a antivirus scan. Headscratch? I was using PC Matic and reached out to them. You can only reach PC Matic by email. They responded asking for a zip file from the reports section which I provided. They never got back to me after a week. Emailed again, no response. So, I ditched them and went with someone else. No bookmark problems so all is well. I didn't like not using Firefox as it is based in America as far as I know. I liked being with PC Matic for the same reason. But, they forgot what customer service is. Bye Bye. Now I am using my favorite Firefox and am all smiley happy. Well, maybe not that. At least my urges to bestow some of my former professional talents upon somebody have receded.

well the problem wasn't with the sight it was my bookmark got changed somehow so I was able to fix it but how the book mark got changed is beyond me. When I clicked on the link and it came up as the IP address for my router. :unsure::huh:. Evidently Chrome didn't know how to handle it so it gave me the error that the site was not safe. Anyhow all is right with the world.