Speaking of Disgusting Recipes...

We bought and ate kale once. And only ONCE. I don't understand why anyone would eat it except from desperation or at gun point.
Kale only used to exist as decorative greenery around edible food on a salad bar. One time someone mistook it for lettuce and ate it. In order to prevent people from thinking they were foolish they told people it was good.

And that is how people started eating kale.

P.S. Hogs will not eat kale.....and hogs will eat anything.:p

Since my stay in the hospital, I'm just now beginning to get my appetite back.... these recipe's aren't helping.

Speaking of Kale, my grandmother used to grow it in her garden regularly.... I suppose I've eaten it when we had dinner (noon meal) there but since she died in 1958 haven't eaten it since.... she may have passed it off as turnip greens which I liked as a child.

I think it is a lot better if made with European prunes.
Even better if it stays in Europe!
...Speaking of Kale, my grandmother used to grow it in her garden regularly.... I suppose I've eaten it when we had dinner (noon meal) there but since she died in 1958 haven't eaten it since.... she may have passed it off as turnip greens which I liked as a child.
My dad, being the good ol' Texas boy he was, tried mightily to get my sisters and me to like eating greens. Didn't matter if it was turnip, collard, or mustard greens, we didn't like any of them. :sick:

My mom loved Turnip greens and Turnips themselves... I never developed a taste for the turnips, but with enough pepper sauce on them turnip greens are pretty good, especially if you throw a chunk of fat back in them when cooking..... the real key though is the pepper sauce...

My mom loved Turnip greens and Turnips themselves... I never developed a taste for the turnips, but with enough pepper sauce on them turnip greens are pretty good, especially if you throw a chunk of fat back in them when cooking..... the real key though is the pepper sauce...
Yeah, after salt and pepper, pepper sauce was probably my dad's most-used condiment at the table, and pretty much any green veggie-like substance was cooked with bacon (and then salted heavily and boiled to death). I didn't realize what green beans actually tasted like until I was a young adult living on my own, lol. My dad was a great man and a pretty decent cook (especially BBQ), but man, he could mess up a pan of veggies in a heartbeat. :D