Steroid Shot Results So Far

Dave Hoskins

Had it yesterday morning and so far everything is good. Most of the pain was concentrated on the left side going all the way into the hip. Much better. Could actually get out of bed this morning without a lot of pain. Can't do anything until Monday. Gotta let the stuff fully work itself around. What is so good about it all is I hardly felt a thing when the doctor was running that long catheter up through the tailbone. So, I guess for two more days I get to be a recliner potato and watch movies with the poochies.

Glad the shot worked for you....Have never had a steroid shot myself, but Dianne refuses all of them... says they make her gain weight and she has fought her weight most of her life..... she did have one shortly after we got married and I heard her yell all the way out in the lobby when the doctor put the needle in.

Glad the shot worked for you....Have never had a steroid shot myself, but Dianne refuses all of them... says they make her gain weight and she has fought her weight most of her life..... she did have one shortly after we got married and I heard her yell all the way out in the lobby when the doctor put the needle in.
Also, if you're diabetic the shots will send your sugar readings through the roof. I average reading is about 135 (with meds) and the last shot (in my knee) sent the reading up over 450 for several days.

There are always pros and cons to any medical treatment. From many years of experience with having these shots I know certain things. One without any doubt: the shot can be very painful if the doctor is not good at them. At the VA I have had 5 different doctors giving the shots in my back and neck. As far as the back is concerned, all were excellent except one. He was fairly new at it and was a bit rough, though totally tolerable. The one shot they gave me in the neck was a bit rough, but there was no helping that due to the size and extent arthritic spurring in my neck. But, still tolerable and well worth the effort in getting. The doctor who gives me the shots in my knees is great. And, I don't mind saying she is quite the hottie! But, when she does the shot in my right hand, I do have to grit my teeth. Not much helping that as it is given in the palm. She does numb it up as best as can be done, but still painful. Anyway, my experiences with the shots are pretty much all to the pro side of things. Others will have their opinions and that is fine. I really do think it has mostly to do with the doctor's experience.

Also, if you're diabetic the shots will send your sugar readings through the roof. I average reading is about 135 (with meds) and the last shot (in my knee) sent the reading up over 450 for several days.
Dianne is diabetic and fights the blood sugar level daily.
My last shot in the back sent my blood pressure thu the roof
Don't need anything to mess with my blood pressure... it's allover the board anyway.

before I was on insulin, I got many steroid shots for back never messed up my sugar.....my sister, who is insulin dependant had major problems after steroid shot....now that Im on insulin, I probably will opt not to get a steroid shot, but man o man it worked wonders for me.....it saved a trip once, as I couldnt get out of bed and was leaving in a few days, I got a shot the morning before we left, and by second day on trip pain was completely gone.

Seeing I am not diabetic, that is one problem I don't have to worry about. I have high blood pressure and the shots never bother it. The meds I take keeps it just fine. My problem is that I jumped out of too many danged airplanes and helicopters. And, major arthritic spurring all up and down the whole back and neck. That can be painful enough as it is. As I am sure some of you know from first hand experience. So, the shots work for me. I am severely allergic to pain nowadays, so if I can survive with the shots, I'm gonna do it.