streaming interference

larry merlau

to you puter gurus, the wife had a batch of pictures she took on phone and put them to her laptop, the cloud was involved in this then showed my mom these pics on tv threw the hmdi connection.. mom left and wife unhooked the lap top. but it acts like its still drawing wifi power because it seems to cause the tv to have hard time streaming unless the laptop is turned off.. any ideas on how to fix it? the tv. the lap top was connect to tv manually with a cord. and the wifi router is downstairss but havnt had trouble gettin the tv to stream till this picture episode. the old days of a card to transfer files was better

I'd suggest the same as Ted, reboot the router and probably unplug the power on the tv for a few seconds and let it cycle too.

What app are you streaming with?

Is it part of the tv or do you have another streaming device attached to it? Power cycle that also if it is a separate device.

Does it do it with the laptop powered off? Just curious if maybe the laptop is syncing to the cloud and using up your bandwidth still?

Agree it sounds like something is still running that should not be. I too long for the days when if something in your software didn't fail elegantly (end like it was supposed to or recover from an error well) you were called onto the carpet to explain why . . . and it "better be fixed before you even think about leaving work". Today having to reboot or "try again" to get something to work is an acceptable level of performance for a product release :rofl:

i went and shut off the router, restarted it went to her laptop and attempted to stop the downloading's from yesterday. its like macafee virus software you cant kill the thing. turned off tv power replugged. still cant get things to go right on laptop. banking page takes forever went back and the dam onedrive is still going.. the can put the one drive where it dont shine.. so a nice idea to show mom some trip poics has turned into a bad day again. its messing with tunes in woodshop even