Sumac & Beech

Your design is quite nice and that is some gorgeous wood. Really good work. Glad you popped in again. Out of curiosity, with me not knowing the lay of the land over there, there was a turner in the Worksop area by the name of Les Taylor. Did you by any chance know him?

I was just thinking about you a few days ago, Chas. Glad to see you drop in to show us some of your (very nice) work. :thumb:

Interesting combination of woods, Chas. Great to see you here again. Is that the Staghorn sumac native to north America, introduced to the UK in the 1600's? We had a big grove of them in our yard and as a kid we used them as jungle gym. Not a particularly hard wood. Very nice looking pot.

Is that the Staghorn sumac native to north America,..
Yes that's the species, spreads like wildfire if given half a chance, and as you say not exactly a robust wood when dried, hence why I try to use it as a 'highlight' wood with something more durable to show off its figuring.

Thanks for the interest folks, not enough hours in the day to regularly follow up on every forum I'm afraid but I do look in from time to time.