Sweet Bedroom Suite

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I fit the drawer faces to the large dresser today. I first laid out the holes for the hardware using a jig and a punch. Holes were drilled on the drill press for accuracy. I then placed the fronts in place using spacers to keep everything aligned. Then I used washer head screws to temporarily attach the fronts to the boxes so I could drill for the permanent screws.

3D1E8719-C5EA-49D4-967E-A9930560EEFC.jpeg

allen levine

my garage shop is not insulated that well, and with the overhead door, theres plenty of outside air getting in when its closed, I have a 5200 btu unit in the window out there. the garage is 320 sq feet. when temps hit up to 80 degrees, if I turn it on at 7 am, by 10 or 11 I can go out there fora few hours before it gets too warm again. I blow the circuit breakers when I have everything on in there. Planer and mitre saw seems to trip the breaker the most. but its become a routine for me, turn on the planer, shut the ac off for a few minutes.

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Finally!

Here are the last two pieces in the bedroom set I have been working on forever! This 9 drawer chest weighs a ton. It will be nice to see this go and regain some real estate in the shop. I think the grain matching on this one went well, I cant even find the joints on the drawer faces, but there are 3 boards there. Last bit to do was the matching mirror frame. That just needs some varnish and I can get the glass installed.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

glenn bradley

I would be thrilled with those drawer faces. It really does look like the sort of seamless field you can usually only get with blah figured material or veneers. Wonderfully done!

I get you on the weight factor. I too have a tendency to build strength via mass. I am working on a Buffet/Sideboard sort of a smear piece for our dining room. I have re-worked the design several times trying to shear off weight, replacing it with method. I'm also trying to factor in a lot of Domino's to justify the ridiculous price of that thing :D. I feel like I am forcing them in as other methods are actually less work.

Sorry for the near-thread-jack. Mind wandering. Bored. Need shop.