T G Friday

Another week another Friday. Here on East Coast get some rain today nice humidity today. There's a bunch of bikes riding to Gettysburg this weekend if the weather is right it would be a good ride.

Broken record down here! :)

Mowed the lawn on Thursday as per normal, after spending a short time on the demilune in my shop.

Today will be more work on the demilune - lots of sanding - I've started applying stain to parts that are ready. I hate using stain on cherry, but this piece will be where it will get no outside light to darken it.

Saturday? Ditto the last sentence. I'll also put a stuffed pork loin on the Traeger to get it ready for dinner as well as Sunday meal.

Sunday should be the usual routine of me preparing brunch, then chilling out and watching some NASCAR.

Errands mainly today. Shop time all weekend. Starting to hit 102-104 out there so probably will only be working 1/2 days. That's fine with me. Cut some pecan and have a bowl started. Hopefully finish it tomorrow and get started on another.

I have a rotary axis for my laser machine with a 3 jaw 80mm (3.15") chuck. I will be working on getting that set up to engrave coffee mugs.

The chuck is too small in diameter, so I am thinking about making an 8" Longworth self centering chuck. I can clamp that in the 3 jaw chuck.

Of course I will use Osprey (CNC router) to make the disks.

Put off mowing this week as we had a dry spell and it really did not grow enough to justify getting out in 95 degree heat. HOWEVER - today is all rain so mowing will be in my near future.

Will deliver the smaller dresser in the bedroom suite this weekend and work has continued on the living room tables I am now calling the "Gustav Greene" tables. :D

Oh, not to forget - celebrating 10 years of married bliss today as well.

Not much here. Didn't spend any time in the shop last week and may not this week either. When the temps get in the 110+ number It's hard to get motivated to go out there. Sorta hopeing that the dew point will keep climbing so we can get some monsoon action going but no luck yet. Gota take the wife in for an MRI today so that'll kill today.

Seems like Fridays come around every week....
No real plans, but if the rain holds off, gonna test my new riding mower.... my old 15+ year old Troy-bilt has seen it's last days, so bought a new John Deere E-100.... it was delivered yesterday while LOML and I were taking the dog to groomer and then doing grocery shopping... checked out the owner's manual last night and need to try to cut the hay field in my front yard... probably will have to go over it twice since it's well over ankle height.
Tomorrow I'll put another coat of finish on the pepper mills I have working... I have about 18 on the rack to be finished... and waiting on grinder inserts to be delivered...
Sunday like Bill Arnold, I'll make breakfast about lunch time and then kick back for a while. Not a Nascar fan .... really miss football.

...Oh, not to forget - celebrating 10 years of married bliss today as well.
Wow, 10 years already? Time sure flies, huh? Congrats to you both.

Nothing spectacular planned here for the weekend. It's been hot here lately with temps hovering around 100º. In order to beat the heat yesterday, I went up to the mountains with my BIL to do some stream fishing for trout. He's an avid fisherman, and I haven't gone stream fishing in decades. I still managed to catch more fish than he did, lol.

I need to pick the last of the plums from our orchard and make another batch of plum jelly. (It'll be my third batch this week.) I also need to replace the fill valve on one of our toilets and install new hardware on our front screen door. Other than that, I suspect I'll just be making it up as it goes along this weekend.

I need to get back on some house projects, starting with electrical this weekend. Need to re-connect the other side of the wall from where we put the patio doors in last summer. Spray some weeds outside. Then maybe start doing some final assembly and finishes on the motorcycle rocker I started on the cnc.

Oh, not to forget - celebrating 10 years of married bliss today as well.

Wow, 10 already! Congratulations!

congrats rennie,

another super boring weekend planned, kids were supposed to come over tonight for dinner, but the wind and rain made it a no go.
cancelled all our plans to go away end of next week, so it looks like we will not be going anywhere this year. first year since weve been married we havent gone away at least once.
making elen an adirondack chair, she wants one to sit in out front, says the rocker isnt comfortable for long periods of hanging out, ran to home depot yesterday, first time I did that in a while, got some PT pine, Ill probably finish it tomorrow, maybe paint it in a few weeks. at least she will have it by sunday.
very boring, each day blends into the next.
man plans, god laughs, isnt that the expression? we waited a long time for elen to retire so we could finally do some travelling, and the first year is shot, and with the baby on the way(our first grandchild), Im guessing most of early next year will be shot as far as travelling goes .

congrats to you and your wife,Rennie (y)
got 3.1" rain here, last nite and today
me.. painting kitchen cab doors...6 down, 30 to go :eek:

Getting hotter but I will prevail. Got desk ready for painting. Using polyurethane in he spray gun.
Doing this in garage rather than shop, to dusty out there. Better practice before spraying actual desk. Leaving it in two pieces so daughter can take up to KC where she lives. She can put in 4 screws to put together. Getting a little long in the tooth to tackle these big heavy jobs. Guess I'll stick to cutting boards and small stuff. Can't figure where my strength went.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend. Stay away from those sick folks.
Rennie congratulations to you and yours for 10 years. It just get better every year.
David