Terrible, devastating news................and a compatibility question if I may?????

Well I'm so jealous of your stinky new saw, and jointer that I hope your blade guard binds for the rest of the year!!!

I'm sure it is just something minor, or something that needs a tweak, I hear you on the "$2300 and I got to deal with a $10 part not working" but it seems to me that even the best equipment nowadays suffers from the bean counters saving two lousy bucks here and there.

In the end, years and years from now, with stacks of stuff cut up and loads of things built, you will look at that saw and wonder how you could have been bothered by such a small thing like the blade guard sticking, and you will laugh, you will laugh the laugh of a contented man who made a good purchase and does not regret it............ geez, now I'm envious too.......

Stu, it may be a nice saw, I don't really know yet, but it will never compare to ol' Big Blue. That thing is amazing. Plus, you'll always be the man Stu. No one else can make a Dungeon work like you.

Mark,

If there is a real hang up you should be seeing some wear marks on the sliding guard. Other than that, you may have a problem from the preservative they use. It is similar to cosmoline and difficult to clean off. That, too could cause the problem.

When I try to crank the guides up and down, the telescoping blade guard binds up and it gets stuck and I have to try to tweak the guard sections to get it to go up or down... Anyone have any similar experience or idea about a fix?

It is completely adjustable. Sometimes they show up slightly out of alignment. You want the whole guard plumb from top to bottom, otherwise the sections can bind. There are two screws on the top section. To get to them you may need to raise the wheel up, as if you were going to tension a blade. If you need to, loosen those screws and just eyeball the top section until it looks straight up an down, then cinch those screws. The on the bottom section, loosen the bolt that holds it to the post block and you will see just how much adjustment you have. Play with that until you get it right. Pretty simple, should take about ten minutes. My best time was a minute and a half, setting up for IWF.:D

Well, my MM16 came yesterday, a day late. And I had to prod them to not hold off for another day. I don't have a pic of it yet but here is a pic of the jointer. There is more about the jointer on the other temp forum.

View attachment 2276

Anyway, after I got thfe MM16 uncrated and laboriously got it to stand upright in my garage, I looked it over, stood back and said" What the heck did I buy????" I think I over bought a little on this tool. :D It's DEFINATELY 5 or 9 or 12 times what my Griz G0555 was. :D :D

I had to put the mobility wheels on it, roll it to the garage door, lean it backward and lay it back on my shoulder, pull it backward into the garage (my garage door is only 72" high), lay it down on a milk crate, put my floor jack under it (with a maple block so I don't scratch it), get the wheels up off the floor and take them off, let it back down off of the floor jack, get it back onto my shoulder (It's now resting on my shoulder and the back of the base), turn it onto the side of the base, and then stand it up. :eek: :eek: My garage is 78" high and my saw is 75". It will stand up by tilting it from the side but not by tilting it front to back. However, I can use the mobility kit to move it around just fine with about 3/4" of clearance. When you crank the guides all the way up, the guide rod pokes up through the top of the upper housing. When it's extended all the way up, I have about 3/4" to spare; It fits perfect!!! :D :D :D

I do have a concern though already, When I try to crank the guides up and down, the telescoping blade guard binds up and it gets stuck and I have to try to tweak the guard sections to get it to go up or down. I called Mike (my salesperson) at MiniMax and told him about the problem. Personally, I wasn't filled with confidence with his nonchalant demeanor and explanation, which wasn't very clear to me anyway. :huh: :huh: I was disappointed that I would have to fix something on this piece of machinery before I could even set it up but he didn't seem too concerned about that either. I won't be able to spend time setting it up and trying to work out the blade guard problem (why do I have to work out a blade guard problem on a $2300 piece of equipment again?) until Monday or so. I'll let you know what I find.

Anyone have any similar experience or idea about a fix?

$2300.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: Just checking. Correct price?

$2300.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: Just checking. Correct price?

Yep, $2395 list price, on sale for $2095. Delivered to my driveway, $2400 and some change. They are giving you a great gift Steve. As I've said, You Da Man....and now..........

MINMAX IS DA MACHINE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......well really, Jim Strain and his great folks are Da men ( and wo-men).....you know what I mean.

It is completely adjustable. Sometimes they show up slightly out of alignment. You want the whole guard plumb from top to bottom, otherwise the sections can bind. There are two screws on the top section. To get to them you may need to raise the wheel up, as if you were going to tension a blade. If you need to, loosen those screws and just eyeball the top section until it looks straight up an down, then cinch those screws. The on the bottom section, loosen the bolt that holds it to the post block and you will see just how much adjustment you have. Play with that until you get it right. Pretty simple, should take about ten minutes. My best time was a minute and a half, setting up for IWF.:D

Thanks VERY much Sam. I'll use what you and Michael have told me and get it worked out soon, I'm sure. I probably just need to take more time than I did (like, 3 minutes?)and go through the whole machine properly. It's sure to be not so big of a deal as you mention. My sig line is NOT just a self-deprecating line, I am a true bonehead sometimes.

Thanks very much again.

Thanks Mark.

Guess I had not even considered the price of the saw, till I saw you post.
I just kinda lost it here, my jaw falling to the floor:eek: :D

well mark it depend on if you mind cooking different meals......one likes rice the other pasta.......i`d say if you keep them both well fed they`ll be to sleepy to bicker much;)
congrats on the new toys! tod

:rofl: Too funny tod
and If he gets the uzo ,been to Korea, it won't matter anyway be too tosted to really care
Reg