Thanksgiving

Don Baer

Staff member
I want to take a moment to Wish each and every member of this Family a Happy Thanksgiving. This will be the 1st Thanksgiving in 49 year I won't have the LOML with me. I am going to do a little cooking, my son his wife and Grand daughter will be having dinner. I am going to cook a Turkey Breast in the Insta Pot (finish it under the broiler to get the skin crispy), Homemade cranberry salad, dressing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie for desert.

I want to take a moment to Wish each and every member of this Family a Happy Thanksgiving. This will be the 1st Thanksgiving in 49 year I won't have the LOML with me. I am going to do a little cooking, my son his wife and Grand daughter will be having dinner. I am going to cook a Turkey Breast in the Insta Pot (finish it under the broiler to get the skin crispy), Homemade cranberry salad, dressing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie for desert.
My sentiments also... Just Dianne, me and Ed, my stepson here for dinner... gonna do a turkey breast in the insta-pot also, along with baked sweet potatoes and a corn casserole... maybe a veggie as well.... already made the pumpkin cheese cake for tomorrow and we picked up a store bought pumpkin pie.
My son and his wife have gone to Texas to her family, Dianne's girls are both getting together with their father in Illinois and my daughter will be with her wife and maybe her family in California.
Everyone have a great holiday... a good excuse to over eat.

Happy Thanksgiving to the whole Family! I've got pumpkin spice muffins in the oven right now and I'll be making candied yams tomorrow morning, then it's off to my sister's house (about 3/4 mile away) for a small dinner with a few family members and friends. Most of my sister's kids and grandkids will be having dinner elsewhere, so there will only be about a few of us there tomorrow instead of the usual thundering herd. Sis is making a turkey breast and some fixings, and the rest of us are adding to the food pile. We're thankful for what we've got, what we've survived, and what's yet to come.

Don, have as blessed Thanksgiving as you can my friend. The youngsters will keep you hopping!
Bill K. I think they have the internet in Texas, you don't have to hibernate all winter from us.

The rest of the family, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

I will be the laborer for Lou Ann today. Potatoes to peel, apples to peel and since it rained last night will empty ash out of the Outside Wood Boiler as it was so dry I was concerned with a dropped hot ash starting a fire later. Family all coming tomorrow. Setting up panels to castrate and dehorn the jersey calves we bought for the grandkids 4H projects as well as our freezer beef program. Having supper as usual with mom tonight, she is making her cinnamon apples for tomorrow. Being thankful for the good in our lives.