The Best and Worst Parts about Playing in a Band

That was a visual I did not need. I was going to guess scratching the stage. Back in the day I never gave a thought to hauling gear down a flight of stairs and out to the trucks at 3am. The worst part back then was not noticing the spilled drinks (or worse) on the cable you are rapidly rolling up. Probably not nearly so many cables today. As a keyboard player I had two suit cases full of cables and power supplies. The good old days . . . you can have 'em. :D

That was a visual I did not need. I was going to guess scratching the stage. Back in the day I never gave a thought to hauling gear down a flight of stairs and out to the trucks at 3am. The worst part back then was not noticing the spilled drinks (or worse) on the cable you are rapidly rolling up. Probably not nearly so many cables today. As a keyboard player I had two suit cases full of cables and power supplies. The good old days . . . you can have 'em. :D
I hear ya on the cables, and there's still about the same number as in the old days, although there's no longer a need for a snake, since everything plugs into a stage box that's also the digital mixer. The mixer is then controlled via WiFi on a tablet or other similar device. I normally run sound from the stage (a tablet on my mic stand), but lately we've also had my buddy Art sitting out in the audience with a spare tablet making minor adjustments and cuing various delay effects where needed. With the WiFi setup, I can run FOH (with Art's help) the drummer Donnie can run monitors from his seat, and the other two guys can also tweak their own monitor mixes via tablet or phone. With all the technology these days, it's a great time in history to be a musician. :thumb:

If you had told me back in the '80s that you could buy a 24 channel stereo mixer with graphic and parametric EQ on each channel, 8 Aux sends (also with separate EQs), as well as a boatload of assignable effects, and have it all fit in a box not much larger than a loaf of bread, I would have thought you were crazy. The fact that it can be had for less than $1000 is even more crazy. It still boggles my mind that we can power a full band off a single 15 amp 120v circuit. That includes guitar amps (modelers, actually), a few LED stage lights, and enough clean FOH and monitor speakers to easily put out 105 dB. (We don't run quite that loud, but we can.)

The one on the right has another hand and arm coming out of a strange place :rofl:
I hadn't really studied the photo beyond those stunning faces. There are all sorts of things going on. The gal on the left is two-fisted drinking some sort of olive salad (presumably pickled in gin), and there's someone's hand in the middle with a couple of freakishly long fingers. Not to mention the long digits on ol' Lucy McSixfingers. :rofl:

False. Bass players only need one or two fingers. Heck, they've only got four strings to deal with. :D She's actually the keyboard player.
Heck, 4 strings are about 2 or 3 strings too many for some songs.
And the one on the right, seems to have two left hands, apart from the already long pinky finger of the middle one. Maybe they are aliens that misplaced their disguise.
I'm sensing some AI generated photo manipulation going on. {serious}So far they have a notoriously hard time with fingers{/serious} Not a joke, lol.