The end of a era.

Next week friday will be my last day to turn wrenches at this dealership. No I didn't get laid off. I am being moved to the parts deptment as the parts lead. They came to me and asked me to do it and I have had a hard time making up my mind. Five years ago I started a mobile service for them to repair lawn and garden equipment. I now have many good customers and friends. They reason that my knowing so many customer is a good thing to help draw more in the door. Our parts deptment has suffered this year due to 2 guys transferring to other jobs and 1 past away. All the guys there now have very little experanice in this field. I have become accustom to working by myself and outside. I hope that I can get used to being inside and away from the customer that I have been working for. There are more headaches with this new job but I will try to do the best I can.

know the feeling rex,, i left a job because of the outside being part of me for the last 3 years,, and it was one thing i wished i hadnt done,, would have been better off if i had stayed financially but i wasnt happy looking at four walls..

Rex, congratulations on the promotion. You have earned it. As a customer, I understand management moving the good ones on up. Hopefully you will be a positive link between the customer and the mechanic. Mentoring the new mechanic to being customer friendly and competent will hopefully be something you enjoy. Many times a great parts guy is like a good secretary, the secretary can make a mediocre boss look good, a good parts guy with mechanical know how can make a mechanic look like a genius. Go get 'em and hit 'em with both barrels blazing. Nothing bad about being in the warm on cold days and in the AC on hot days! :thumb::thumb:

I doubt you would have been there this long if you weren't somewhat adaptable. :thumb: Like Ron said, it shows the bosses have faith in your ability to turn the parts department around. You'll do great. Go get 'em!