The kitchen install has commenced!

John Pollman

Hi folks!

Haven't been on here much lately, but I have been busy. I have been finishing up the fabrication of the island for my new kitchen. The uppers and lowers have been finished for a while, but I started fabricating the island a couple of weeks ago. I started the installation this morning and it's done. I just have to install the under-mount drawer slides and then the drawer fronts and it's done. I can't wait to install the river tabletop that I made for it.

Island base.jpg

Georgia 72.jpg

Island 1.jpg

Island 2.jpg

Island 3.jpg

Island 4.jpg

You're going to enjoy those large drawers. To be honest I'm not sure I'll do a whole lot of lower cabinets that aren't the larger drawers on our next kitchen. I keep saying that I'm going to make pull-out drawers for the ones we have, even have the materials and slides, but just hasn't made it to the top of the to-do list yet.

I'll post some better pics tomorrow in daylight. I had planned on finishing the door installation tomorrow, but I rested for a bit and got motivated again.
🙂

I am loving it!

I have just a little more work to do on the corner base cabinet and it's time to demo the base cabinets. I only have four more cabinets to install and then it's time for the walnut butcher block countertops. Then the floor.

Uppers 1.jpg

Uppers 2.jpg