The time has come!!!

When I retired some of my co workers said they weren't retiring because they didn't know what they would do. After a few weeks I wondered how I ever had time for work! Congratulations! :congrats::guitar::biker::beer:

The best of all for the rest of your life. Congratulations on the long stint at same company. Not to many people have that honor. You will find retirement does tend to screw up weekends. Never know when they will occur.
The best.
David

I am 2-1/2 months in.

Almost 50 years workin, but for many different companies.

Still feels weird not going to a job every day but I am beginning to adjust.

CONGRATS - and enjoy the freedom. No more ALARM clock.

So...,Tom... Happy first day of retirement. Monday's gonna feel strange, but after that you'll be used to it. :)

By the end of the week you'll be so busy you'll wonder how you ever found time to work!

Congratulations Tom... on both your retirement and your longevity....

In 2005 I woke up on the morning of August 25th and said to my wife, today is my anniversary for when I started in the Traffic and Transportation industry... I've been doing this now for 40 years.... I think it's time to retire... the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of retirement.... after work we talked about it and next day I gave the boss notice I was retiring... I was 64 and it was a year early, and really needed to wait until Dianne reached 62 in October... we both retired at the end of September 2005 and moved to Tennessee the first week in October... Love retirement. Money gets a little tight sometimes, especially since Dianne's health has deteriorated some, but we still make it and enjoy ourselves.

Welcome to retirement life!

Shop time and forgetting what day of the week it is!!!

You may say that as a joke, but this last Tuesday I woke up thinking it was Sunday.... our Sunday breakfast is usually Eggs Benedict.... I went to the kitchen and got out all the makings, made breakfast and called the wife and stepson (he's living with us until he finds another job) to breakfast... Dianne asked about why I made Eggs Benny -- I said it's Sunday. :confused::confused: