The Vault

Leo Voisine

This is in the beginning phase.

The artwork is provided by the customer in an Ai format. It required a fair amount of cleanup as it was created to make something else. There was a TON of lines that I was not going to use. I got it cleaned down to something I could work with. All of the artwork is 2D only. From that I started to create the 3D design.

The customer wants to replace the Greasy Luck sinage with the new name --- The Vault
I will be making the main sign as well as the 3 signs around the awning.

Sweet thing is that this customer also is a part owner in several other New Bedford businesses and has told me that he is going to need more sinage.

This is a restaurant and bar. They also have Dancing, Live Music. It is converted from a bank and the actual bank vault is still inside.

I will try to keep up with posting updates on this job.

IMG_20211014_085129014_HDR.jpgIMG_20211014_085148096_HDR.jpgIMG_20211014_090033099_HDR.jpgIMG_20211014_090629423_HDR.jpgIMG_20211014_090841971.jpgThe Vault Preview -1.jpgThe Vault Preview -2.jpgThe Vault Preview -3.jpg

Don Baer

Staff member
There is/was a restaurant in Denver called "Brokers" that was an old bank and they too had the original vault. If you called enough ahead you could get a table in the vault. They would put a platter of peel and eat shrimp on the table as soon as you ordered your drinks while you looked at the menu. Great food. It looks like you made a great contact.

When I saw the vault door 3ds.on your firsts pics, I thought... Mmmmm it reads VAOLT instead of Vault, I'm glad that you pushed the door to the bottom of the "U", or was it originally like that? I would try to reduce the vault door outside diameter to the inner diameter of the U letter. Another possibility if they are open to changes, would be subtitute the elipse on the roght pic by the vault door becoming it the background of the words "the Vault".
Dunno... there are so many different possibilities to play with...

Leo Voisine

The artwork is supplied by the customer.

The first view of the larger vault door was the original vault door. That was the customer supplied Ai file. I sent the preview and the customer responded that all their menus, and all other stuff looked different, so I adjusted it.

At this point the customer is happy with the way it looks.