they never stop trying.

I've received many threatening emails like that, supposedly from PayPal and Banks that I've never done any business with. SCAMS, every one of them. Look at the very top of the email and the web address that the email is coming from. If it isn't from the corporation's email address, it's a SCAM. The beginning of the address might have the corporation address as part of it (before the @), but it's a scam if the information contained after the @ symbol does not contain the corporation's website name. It shouldn't ever be "hotmail.com" either.

Charley

After researching a subject I also receive reminders to buy immediately from a vendor. That's ok I just ignore them. But the wife receives advertising for all the things I've looked at. Have to be careful at what I research. Amazon seems to be the best for that, they immediately tell me they have exactluy what I need. Which is deleted.
David

Cure.. delete your paypal account all together. Works for me. Well let me rethink that. I deleted my facebook account over a year ago and still get messages some tried to sign into my account. How could they, if I do not have an account?

well here is a new one, got a text message with an UPS logo stating that they failed to make a delivery and I needed to reschedule. It asked me to fill out a form. In the form it asked for my address (hmm how did they try to make the delivery in the first place if they didn't have my address) and real clincher was it asked my date of Birth...I deleted it.

I will open the email, but only to check the senders email address. I never open the attachment.

If the email address looks ligit, I close the email and delete it - then I go to the website and look into the situation there.

I don't use McAffee so any of those or anything like that just gets deleted.

I get about ten or twelve "Medicare" calls a day. all from spoofed caller IDs, and all by people with poor English and central Asian accents. I can eliminate them on my cell phone, but not on the landline.

Last Friday my wife for 48 junk calls on her cell phone before lunch - then it was like a switch was thrown and they stopped. Started again yesterday, but only a dozen or so.

I had quite the interesting conversation with a medicare caller the other day. They were unable to tell me what medicare even is despite my repeatedly asking them. I mean how can I know if they'll be able to help me if they don't even know what the product they're pitching is. In the end I got rather rudely hung up on with a "you have a nice day sir" and they have thus far not called back. I shall probably never know...

I had quite the interesting conversation with a medicare caller the other day. They were unable to tell me what medicare even is despite my repeatedly asking them. I mean how can I know if they'll be able to help me if they don't even know what the product they're pitching is. In the end I got rather rudely hung up on with a "you have a nice day sir" and they have thus far not called back. I shall probably never know...
I usually remind them the government doesn't call people.... they send registered letters or U.S. Marshalls. The hang up on me then before I can even ask a question.

paypal is sometimes a necessary evil we have to use. Once we use it we get all the trash.
I have a separate email account for everything I sign up for online. I've used PayPal for many years, but I can only recall getting a handful of spam/scam emails sent to that address. The vast majority of my junk mail comes from accounts I used to sign up for contests, or from my Gmail account. The Gmail junk is sent to groups of a lot of addresses that are alphabetically close to mine.