This is my flat work for the day.

Paul Douglass

Actually it is the first thing I have done in my shop in many months. Hope to get back at it soon... I us shoe horns a lot... but of course one is never where I am putting on my shoes. So I decided to make some... This is #1 made out of a piece of cocobolo.. I plan on making more..and hope they get fancier than this one... I also I have a bad rash all over my body, that is really miserable ... Itches like crazy... In a couple weeks I have to have the patch test to see it we can find out what I am having a reaction to. I have found the shoe horns with long handles work pretty good put a lotion on my back. I apply it in spots with a shoe horn and then use my veneer roller to spread it around... "Life get tedious don't it!"

I have this record..

Attachments

• BE8CF6C1-C289-4C1A-B2FF-7EBA29DDFB8E.jpeg
    BE8CF6C1-C289-4C1A-B2FF-7EBA29DDFB8E.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 22
Your rash might be from the cocobolo. I get serious skin rash from contact with it.
Yep, cocobolo makes me sneeze,,, but I have been fighting this rash for 5 months... today was the first woodworking I have done in that period... I should have seen a dermatologist months ago.. but I waited hoping it would get better... The doc say it may take a while to figure it out... I know of other having the same experience...

Cocobolo is a kissing cousin to poison ivy. Was in a Woodcraft store where they were turning pens for military the weekend before. The store owner looked like he had been rolling in poison ivy. He told me that fact and was in his words, "feeling much better".

Shingles? I hope not.