Tilting saw till

A few years ago, I made very quickly this saw till to hold my saws. It didn't hold some of them properly and it ocuppies a lot of room in the cabinet so I decided to make a tilting one.
IMG_6400.JPG

I started by getting some scraps and sorting them. Then I resaw them to 12mm thickness so that they would be a tad thicker than the saw handles. Then I routed a dado on both of them that was half the thickness of the saw rib minus the spacer thickness divided by 2.
IMG_6401.JPG
Then I marked the contour of the saw handle, cut it , glued the two halves with a strip of masonite in between and sanded on the spindle sander.
IMG_6402.JPGIMG_6403.JPGIMG_6404.JPG
IMG_6405.JPG

Did the same procedure for my gent's saws, adapting the groove to their rib and the entering hole to the handle.

IMG_6412.JPG
Here you see the finished result, I put hand cut teflon washer in between each casing to minimize friction. It portrudes a bit from the cabinet due to the mistake I made that I mentioned on previous post, what I like is that they are protected and now I have a lot more of free room int the cabinet.

IMG_6418.JPGIMG_6419.JPG
Thanks for watching

WOW. :eek: Now that is amazing in many ways. The sharp teeth are protected, they are individually accessible and it is so darn cool, like a gunfighter drawing his revolver you just hinge down the saw of choice and draw! Do they have a slight incline angle towards the wall so at the slightest bump they don't "fall" down to the horizontal position? That my friend is a very neat creation! (y)(y)(y)

WOW. :eek: Now that is amazing in many ways. The sharp teeth are protected, they are individually accessible and it is so darn cool, like a gunfighter drawing his revolver you just hinge down the saw of choice and draw! Do they have a slight incline angle towards the wall so at the slightest bump they don't "fall" down to the horizontal position? That my friend is a very neat creation! (y)(y)(y)
Thanks Jon, they do have a very, very (1º) small inclined angle towards the wall, that together with the fact that the rib and handle are close to the far end makes the weight maintain them against the wall without any magnets as I've seen one on a video in YouTube. I've tryed to make them fall, and they don't so I'm happy with that, and to be honest it makes picking and leaving them much more comfortable and quick than before.