Time for another round of kitchen updates - glass shelves installed!

Counter top guys showed up about 8:30 today and finished up about 11:30.
2019-01-22 09.08.09.jpg

2019-01-22 11.35.55.jpg

2019-01-22 11.36.26.jpg 2019-01-22 11.36.46.jpg

There is one seam, in this corner, another in middle of where the sink faucet is. I think they did a pretty good job, pretty hard see if you're not looking for them.
2019-01-22 11.37.26.jpg 2019-01-22 11.37.32.jpg

This corner we're thinking of doing a piece of 3/4" soapstone on the black cabinet. I thought the new counters were going to be thicker than they are, otherwise I would have just had some matching piece done for them too.
2019-01-22 11.37.35.jpg 2019-01-22 11.37.41.jpg

I still need to connect the new kitchen faucet and fasten the dishwasher as they moved the tabs to the side. They could have added a bar across the top under the counter, but said it looks pretty bad with the top controls of the dishwasher.

Thank you all!

Tonight I needed to stop by Menards and pickup more wood pellets for the stove. While I was getting those, my wife went and grabbed a few sample tiles.
2019-01-23 19.16.02.jpg

The flowers are the ones we've already bought to go on the sink wall and to use for accents, the ones around them are the samples she picked up. She was a fan of the Travertine tile on the left, I'm leaning more towards the darker glass tile below. The grout will be more of a cream color the color of the Travertine though, so I see her perspective, I just think they look too rustic. She does want a larger tile though, looking more at a 4" x 12" subway sized tile or so. I did see some the other day that looked more like a linen texture, so we're going to go back up with our actual cabinet/countertop/flower tiles samples and see if we can find a better match.

She also saw these Rev-a-shelf drawer organizers the other day, so I ordered a couple. They come in various sizes, this one with 16 of the pegs to separate stuff out. I also found they have a lid rack that goes in them. I was doing some test fitting in the last pic and had to bend the metal racks to get my larger lids to lay down far enough. I think if I add two more holes towards the back of the drawer and shift the rack backwards I'll have enough clearance to get that last lid on the rack too.
2019-01-23 20.33.56.jpg 2019-01-23 20.34.49.jpg 2019-01-23 20.57.48.jpg

No real progress on the kitchen this week. Got back splash tile ordered last week and picked it up Saturday, though I have to go back for some missing edge pieces that didn't come in.

Here are the final choices. Flowers are on the sink wall, the larger tile on the stove and pantry walls. We may do a section of the flower tiles above the stove with a border too.
2019-01-24 22.11.13.jpg

Prior to getting the tile we stopped at the hardwood store and got some birch and plywood for new pull-outs and organizers. I had some additional soft close glides delivered this past week to get started on that.
2019-02-02 17.21.29.jpg

It's been slow progress this last week, still trying to get over the crud in my chest, I'm almost there (knock on wood).

This did show up yesterday, will be used for some of my additional lower cabinet pull-outs.
2019-02-11 21.09.45.jpg

That should certainly do the job! I made these a few months ago for the LOML.
View attachment 105814

Wow, those are really nice. I was thinking I'd do the half blind dovetails, but I really like the look of those through ones. I also like how you tapered down the fronts, I had planned on just doing shallow boxes, now I'm going to have to step up my game. ;)

Wow, those are really nice. I was thinking I'd do the half blind dovetails, but I really like the look of those through ones. I also like how you tapered down the fronts, I had planned on just doing shallow boxes, now I'm going to have to step up my game. ;)
They are actually box joints, but the look would be similar.

The tapered fronts allow easy access while the higher backs help prevent things from falling off the rear of the shelf. We use these for pots and pans and have not had to go fishing for an errant pot lid yet. Since it is for heavier items I made the bottom from 1/2" thick plywood in a groove on all four sides.

I was able to start moving my arms again after unloading all the new shop cabinets. I spent a good little while laying out tiles and getting my wife's sign-off on the final pattern. Next I spent time making sure the first row was going to be level.
2019-03-10 15.17.59.jpg

It turned out the counter to the right of my stove was about 3/16" higher than the left side. Luckily I am using 3/16" spacers, so I floated all the tiles 3/16" on the left side across, landed on the top of the counter on the right hand side then shimmed the rest of the tile back up to 3/16" by the time it hit the corner. It's all going to get colored grout caulk along that joint so shouldn't be able to tell the counter is high in that spot.
2019-03-10 16.46.18.jpg

For the opposite side of the room I copied the layout of the last 28" of tile on the stove side.
2019-03-10 16.46.27.jpg

I'm letting the first row dry overnight, will do the second row tomorrow night. I did some mudding around the kitchen window counter to fill the gaps and get it ready for paint too.

Another row down, the top row will require most to be trimmed off about 3/8" since I had raised the cabinets to the same level as the laminate floor, but hoping to get those done tomorrow night.
2019-03-12 23.07.54.jpg

These were fun to cut out, only had to practice on 2 extra tiles to get it right. ;)
2019-03-12 23.08.14.jpg

The other side had just enough clearance, so it's done.
2019-03-12 23.07.38.jpg