Titebond II $8/Gal

I just use Tite bond all. Yes I buy it by the gallon. Lasts 3 years and to date have seen no degrading in holding power. Use the pint bottle and just refill. I do keep unused glue in the house nice and toasty. Works for me. No Menards around darnit. Pay about 28.00 a gallon.Yeah I use a lot of glue. Do both sides of wood pieces. Cutting boards do soak it up.
David

When I was making a lot of cutting boards, I was buying Titebond II by the gallon. I bought the last one not long before I started turning, and only ended up using about half of it before it went bad on me.

At $8/gallon, even if you threw away 1/2 of it you've saved versus buying quarts. My experience is similiar to what Dave said, I've kept it as long as 3 years without a problem, though I usually store it refrigerated until needed.

I bought a gallon several years ago and only used a quarter of it before it started to fade after a few years. I mixed in some water to loosen it up and used it to end seal some of my turning blanks....seemed to work pretty good. Some folks use the diluted product to soak punky wood in to harden it up for turning, but I never tried that.