I was being cautious with excessive glue and it taught me a lesson
Just replied it and if these don't hold I'll be out of luck
Glue is brand new but I saw glue was not enough
All chair joints are fine I tried to pull them apart all held
Mistake I made was I rounded over every edge or corner
Forget to round over front of chair seat
I'll leave it for now
No more cherry

just looked I have enough seat to be able to run front edges past sander to round out a bit

Last edited:
Strange
Today is my third attempt at table leg and apron glue up
Failed twice
It's been cold and very damp
I brought it inside today
Glue up with same glue for chairs no problems
I overglued it this time
Cleaned up whatever I could after an hour

One seat I trimmed ruined it
This morning I noticed a slight split on a seat top
Not on a glue up seam
Again strange I didn't notice it before
Glued up my 4th seat for only 2 chairs
I'm gettingbthere
Let's see how table glue up is tomorrow

Finished
Will leave until sunday and my daughter comes over so she can choose a stain color
Like Larry said he ain't gonna be using it any time soon

All cherry all mortise and tenon
I got the measurments from various kid furniture sites table height I believe was 22 inches seat height like 13 inches

Attachments

• B371DE69-935C-467B-8C8B-A1839F781280.jpeg
    B371DE69-935C-467B-8C8B-A1839F781280.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4C5F3C4F-2B82-419F-B7A6-A1239C1CC707.jpeg
    4C5F3C4F-2B82-419F-B7A6-A1239C1CC707.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 20
  • A1085469-DF20-4977-8F4E-DDFE1F158233.jpeg
    A1085469-DF20-4977-8F4E-DDFE1F158233.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 20
I made elen a small raised platform to reach her sewing machines height on the working end....I noticed some stress in my stomach/rib area, the same area I sprained months ago. I was carrying the board in and out until I got it right....maybe 30 pounds...but akward.
watched football till 11 at night saturday....had to use restroom around 1 am....heard something pop! in my rib area.....pop.....then I couldnt catch my breath...and the pain that followed was intense....elen came in...I finally caught my breath and told her what happenned, we went back and forth....she wanted me to go to emergency room, so at 2 am we headed to emergency room.

alot of xrays, cat scan....didnt determine much except that its muscular related....nothing but PAs and NPs I dont think I saw a doctor in emergency room, noone over the age of 35, thought that was weird.

anyway....whenever I take a deep breath, I hear crunching sounds near my ribs, cant lay in bed, been sleeping in recliner, not happy, but no choice....I go for MRI tomorrow morning, its most likely the cartiledge ripped or seperated from my ribs, but the doc wants to see it,,,,,mri will show it?

freeky injury.....Im not having a good year already.

eligible for vaccine, and I can get it....but there are no dates in the immediate future....at least until may when its available....hope they get it together soon so it becomes available. last thing anyone needs right now is covid. not at this point

Looking good Allen.

Sorry, that response was all too brief so I came back to be verbose 😆 . I sometimes feel the forum starts to lose meaning if I just plug in a quick thumbs-up or a simple atta-boy. You did well on the design of that set and pulled off a nice recovery on those chairs (I think this is that set). The solid construction and quality materials will make them heirlooms as opposed to "kiddie" furniture. Later in life the set or even glimpses of it in a picture will recall memories that are being made now.

Boy, I get philosophical in my old age, eh?

Last edited: