Toni's challenge: THIS IS NOT MY ENTRY

Hi guys.
To get some conversations going on I thought to post this as an hommage. Thi coat hanger was made about 70 or more years ago by the man who taught me to carve, and he was like a second father to me. I remember going to his home when I was about 6 or 7 years old, my eyes were at the level of his bench and watching him carve, feeling that smell of wood freshly cut and hearing the noise of it being cut by sharp gouges.
When he got old and stopped carving he gave me all his tools because he knew I was going to use them, and when he died, ten years ago, he left me this coat hanger as heirloom which is decorating my home and being used everyday.
His name was Domingo Henares, and I still miss him. I hope that where ever he may be know, he has the best wood and tools to continue carving. Rest in peace.
PS. Funny enough, when I was a kid this hanger gave me the creeps. The second picture is him, at the hospital, he died two weeks later, aged 88.

IMG_6682.JPG

IMG_0084.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I mis-read or forgot the deadline was the 30th. I thought it had to be done my April 1st. I'm sure it was my own confusion since the date was discussed and debated a bit. That said, I'll be done with mine sometime today (tonight) and will post the pics tomorrow after the paint has dried.

Well, I mis-read or forgot the deadline was the 30th. I thought it had to be done my April 1st. I'm sure it was my own confusion since the date was discussed and debated a bit. That said, I'll be done with mine sometime today (tonight) and will post the pics tomorrow after the paint has dried.
It was meant to be April 1st. But for some strange reason the “save draft” button didn’t appear on my screen so I had to post it, not only that, with 8 hours difference from here to US, it‘s understandable you were puzzled. So it is my fault.
BTW where on earths are the drafts saved? I was starting to make the draft of the poll, I saved it but I cannot find it, or how to open it again.

Moreover Vaughn, you will drive me crazy! This is neither my entry, nor has anything to do with the challenge. So you misplaced you post:bang: