Tool Base from Free Material

Last little bit on this. I have found that this graphite impregnated materiel really helps with abrasive life.
G1276 (27).jpg

G1276 (28).jpg
It reduces friction and therefor heat. I think I got my roll at Klingspor's Woodworking Shoppe but it has been so long I am not sure of that memory. Super unscientific studies in my real world shop indicate that belts last longer. I cannot remember the last time I had a seam fail before a belt wore out.

Mine was 6" x about 10' IIRC. Seems like with many things the price has jumped quite a bit. I originally added a strip to my little Ridgid oscillating belt / spindle unit. It is still on there and doing fine all these years and hours of use later. My edge sander came with this material stock. That is where I got the idea. If I am any example, a few yards will last you the rest of your life :D

Last little bit on this. I have found that this graphite impregnated materiel really helps with abrasive life.
View attachment 124317

View attachment 124318
It reduces friction and therefor heat. I think I got my roll at Klingspor's Woodworking Shoppe but it has been so long I am not sure of that memory. Super unscientific studies in my real world shop indicate that belts last longer. I cannot remember the last time I had a seam fail before a belt wore out.
My handheld belt sander has the same material, and it does help to reduce friction and load on the motor. I wish I could buy it here. This is something that I love about US, unlike here if you need something, you’ll find some shop that sells it.

BTW What is the diameter of your disc? And I guess that you can tilt the belt horizontally in case of need can’t you?