Tool organizer shelf

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've been looking at some of the other designs for cordless tool organization and could build a dedicated cabinet, but since I've got several cabinets that were recently hung I thought I might try to utilize them as most of the wall space it already taken. This could be either attached to the bottom of the existing cabinet or replace one of the adjustable shelves inside.

CordlessToolShelf.jpg

Darren,
In my Shop in Kalifornia I had 16 foot of cabinets along one wall above my work bench and I build a small shelf under it that was just deep enough for 1 plastic bin box so in essence there were 16 feet of bin boxes under the cabinets. I made hindged door that flipped up every 4 feet to keep the dust out. The reason I made them shallow is I never had to pull one out to see what went behind the one in the front. I hope I am explaining it and I wish I had a picture because it worked great for 20 years.

What's wrong with just wandering around the shop until you come across where you laid them down last time you used them? :D

Actually I could use something for my cordless tools, too, so I'll be watching.

What's wrong with just wandering around the shop until you come across where you laid them down last time you used them? :D

Well there is the additional time added with this solution, as I'll wander around past the tool over and over and look in the cabinet a couple of times, as if it magically appeared there in the time that I had be wandering around. ;)