Travel Trailer

OK, who didn't see that one coming, lol? :D Congrats, assuming you decided to pull the trigger. Is it 2WD or 4WD?
Thanks, it's the 4x4. I really wanted some payload capacity, it's over double the F150s, coming in at about 3500 lbs. Though, I think it was more of me asking my wife "did you check the weight of that" every time she ordered something for the trailer that pushed her past the "just get the truck" moment. :D

Looks like it will be coming home to stay. Apparently the customer that was test driving it yesterday when I called came back today for it, but my salesman said "sorry, it sold", even before talking with me this morning. My wife had a slight reaction to a shingles shot, so hoping she is feeling well enough tomorrow to head up there, but just waiting to be able to sign papers at this point.

Oh man, you totally messed up on not getting the F350 from your mom. How well do you know Brent???
He was pushing it and the diesel pretty hard, so will give him credit.

@Sharon Korn BTW...Can't wait to see that new fifth-wheel toy hauler when you guys get it(?).

2924-Seismic%20-%20_0011_SEISMIC_4212_78_Rear.jpg

Will have the band playing on the side, margarita bar on the back...it's going to be awesome! And Brent has the truck to pull it. :D

I've got two of the 10" network rack mounts printed for my Internet setup, two more to go.
2021-03-27 21.10.29.jpg

For the flip up table on the back wall, my wife picked out a 36" table top, which plan to split down the middle to use.
2021-03-27 18.30.45.jpg

Lastly I got my old tool box installed on "Boss" today. used some cut-offs of rubber mat from the work trailer to prevent the tool box from marking up the plastic rails on the truck.
2021-03-27 14.14.44.jpg 2021-03-27 14.15.07.jpg Trailers.20210327_151136_420488520.jpg

Now that you've got the tool box mounted you need to get a set of extended running boards - all the way to the back wheel wells - so you can stand on the running board to reach into the tool box.
Nice rig. Which engine/trans?

Now that you've got the tool box mounted you need to get a set of extended running boards - all the way to the back wheel wells - so you can stand on the running board to reach into the tool box.
Nice rig. Which engine/trans?
They would be helpful, but I'm tall enough I can reach most stuff I need from the ground.

I went with the 7.3 liter v8 (gas) and the 10 speed transmission. It will produce about 430 hp/475 ft lbs of torque. Has a payload of a little over 3,100 lbs and max trailer tow capacity of 14,800 lbs (21,800 lbs gcwr).

We did bring back my dad's gooseneck ball and still have his fifth wheel hitch. I'm going to see if I can have the undercarriage mount installed to use them. My BIL had a local shop put his in and it was only about $500, which the price included the undercarriage. The Ford frame has the mounting holes for it, they just have to cut the holes for the pucks and gooseneck ball in the bed, about a 2 hr job.

We did bring back my dad's gooseneck ball and still have his fifth wheel hitch. I'm going to see if I can have the undercarriage mount installed to use them. My BIL had a local shop put his in and it was only about $500, which the price included the undercarriage. The Ford frame has the mounting holes for it, they just have to cut the holes for the pucks and gooseneck ball in the bed, about a 2 hr job.
Going to upgrade to a 5th wheel already?

Going to upgrade to a 5th wheel already?
I have the feeling if I had bought the truck first we'd already have one. Mostly want the hitch for a goose neck, but the ball and fifth wheel hitch are free, so will store it for now. Most likely the fifth wheel hitch will get sold as I'd need a sliding hitch for pulling full time with the shorter bed.

Mostly want the hitch for a goose neck

Hmm, I foresee a nice flatbed in someones near future.. A veritable plethora of trailers has suddenly arisen around the Wright household..

I was wishing I'd had a smaller flatbed (maybe like a 7-8k lb one) earlier this year, I could have gotten some good deals on straw and wheat. If you're raising chickens or pigs you can get a ton (literally) of wheat in totes for about $150 or so per if you're there and ready when it is. The straw was 2000lb (+- 200lbs) large square bales at $40 per, which considering that the 70-80lb bales go for $6 and up locally was pretty compelling.. if I'd had a way to haul it (straw makes amazing garden bed mulch).

Hmm, I foresee a nice flatbed in someones near future.. A veritable plethora of trailers has suddenly arisen around the Wright household..

I was wishing I'd had a smaller flatbed (maybe like a 7-8k lb one) earlier this year, I could have gotten some good deals on straw and wheat. If you're raising chickens or pigs you can get a ton (literally) of wheat in totes for about $150 or so per if you're there and ready when it is. The straw was 2000lb (+- 200lbs) large square bales at $40 per, which considering that the 70-80lb bales go for $6 and up locally was pretty compelling.. if I'd had a way to haul it (straw makes amazing garden bed mulch).
I was thinking a dump trailer and either tractor with front loader or a skid steer. May need a flatbed at some point, but have one I can borrow from my BIL. ;)

So I got my little network rack assembled, but had to run some errands that took much longer than expected, so not installed yet, nor an electrical plug installed for it.
2021-03-28 19.33.42.jpg
I still need to print a shelf for the top with a cooling fan in it, and may do one for a raspberry pi at the 2nd to bottom space. The very bottom shelf sits behind the front lip of the closet shelf, so won't have anything installed in it, just a couple of the power bricks for the USG and switch.

I did realize that the back of the shelves didn't have much support, probably not good for a bouncy trailer.
2021-03-28 19.33.51.jpg

So I came up with a notched support to stabilize each of the shelves for now.
2021-03-28 19.33.56.jpg 2021-03-28 19.34.13.jpg

I also realized that I really didn't need an enclosure on the back of the trailer or the roof for the outside antennas. I have an area on the back of the trailer above the clearance lights that I can access from the bathroom and the little ethernet plugs are for outdoor use with caps to keep them dry. I just needed a way to keep them from twisting in the holes as I put the caps on, the 3d printer to the rescue. I printed a backer that will be on the inside of the trailer from the outside metal, the holes have a flat side to mate with the plugs flat key. I also printed a drill template to get them exactly where I need them.
2021-03-28 19.36.29.jpg 2021-03-28 19.37.00.jpg