Trouble uploading photos and "what posts?"

larry merlau

bill i used to be able to do several at around 2 to 3mg and have no hiccups,, same machine AND now troubles? before i never saw it set there and show me a progress bar but now it does,, kind like watching paint dry:)

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
test run

I attempted to upload 3 pics at the same time, 2.6, 2.4, 1.5. Failed after three tries. Upload gets to about 70%, freezes, then tells me its establishing a secure connection and starts over. After the third attempt it just stops trying.

Then I attempted 2 at a time, 2.5 & 2.6. Same result with the following differences - it reached 85%, 100% & 80% before reconnecting. Why it did not load the 100% attempt I do not know.

Finally, just one pic at 2.9. Success!
View attachment 103090

Is the system timing out waiting for my slow connection?

If it took more than 5 minutes, yes. Now if you're pc is losing it's connection and having to re-try, it may just be dropping if it's a shorter duration.

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Our Internet service from the cable company is supposed to be 25Mbps down and 2Mbps up. It's testing at about 15 down and 2 up this morning.

Thanks for testing too Bill. As I mentioned before, my connection here and at home are both pretty big pipes, so it's hard for me to troubleshoot this.

I know I'll get the "You Suck!" award, but this was my connection the other night when I tested at home over wifi...
7370264457.png

If I hardwire my laptop to the router I can get almost 1000Mbps up and down. ;)

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
bill i used to be able to do several at around 2 to 3mg and have no hiccups,, same machine AND now troubles? before i never saw it set there and show me a progress bar but now it does,, kind like watching paint dry:)

Same situation.

This one is only 75k and loaded very fast.
Presentation2.jpg

I don't think I'm running over 5 min loading. Maybe a minute or two for each attempt, and it tries 3 times before giving up. I could be losing connection, but I can't be sure. Working on deciding which repeater to buy and hoping that helps.

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Thanks for testing too Bill. As I mentioned before, my connection here and at home are both pretty big pipes, so it's hard for me to troubleshoot this.

I know I'll get the "You Suck!" award, but this was my connection the other night when I tested at home over wifi...
View attachment 103101

If I hardwire my laptop to the router I can get almost 1000Mbps up and down. ;)

Show off!!!

By the way, when I did my test it was via my wifi.