True Grit

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
No, not this one
John Wayne starred in the 1969 version of

thins one
https://www.seriousgrit.com/ - Just asking for opinions here. Saw this product advertised and, having never heard of the company before, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has either heard of them or used their sand paper. I'm always watching out for new products that might make the more boring jobs (like sanding) a little less tedious. (To those of you not in my age group, the picture is John Wayne in the character of Rooster Cogburn. A role he made famous in the movie "True Grit".)

anyone try this?

Last edited:
Hmmm, at 50 cents a disc they are 40% more than something like Industrial Abrasives or Klingspor. Is there a compelling story? I have always pushed the idea that quality abrasives save you money. There's price and then there's cost, yes? ;-)

Hmmm, at 50 cents a disc they are 40% more than something like Industrial Abrasives or Klingspor. Is there a compelling story? I have always pushed the idea that quality abrasives save you money. There's price and then there's cost, yes? ;-)
Pricewise they are just a little more expensive than Klingspor, $24.95 vs. $21.95 for 5" 8 hole 150 grit, but you can get these on Amazon free shipping with prime. Klingspor charges $8 for shipping on a single box. Add in the shipping and they are $5 cheaper.

Don't know anything about them, just reading the reviews and doing the quick price/material comparison it looked as thought they ight be worth a try.

I've never used them, but I don't do any flat work so don't use my sander that would take those pads.... I buy the sandpaper I use from Vince's and mostly get the 2" and 3" pads that I can use to hand sand my turnings.... plus they fit my Neiko angle drill sander. Vince sells packets of 25 each grit with grits from 80 thru 600 for a little over $30 +.... works for me, may not be what you need.

Rennie..I bought some on Amazon, probably chinesium, when I went to an 8 hole sander. Only had a 5 hole, up till then.
I shall try to find a link to my order, for you. I was quite impressed with it, seemed to last a good long while.