trying my hand at reindeer

:lurk:

I saw these years ago, kept meaning to try it back then but totally forgot about them. The ones Charley sure are nice :thumb:

A couple years ago I picked up a small bandsaw (9") in need of non trivial refurbishment for the good price of free-fifty-free that has the upper groove bearing type guide on it that, I think, would work quite well for this sort of thing with a fine blade . I really should finish cleaning that little fellow up one of these days!

got the new blade, and gave it a try yesterday. much better results. a little bit of sanding, and good to go.

Attachments

• 004 much better with new blade.JPG
    004 much better with new blade.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 28
another couple got done, and given to pop's neighbors. seems they get easier to make with practice. this could be addicting....

Attachments

• 005 another one done.JPG
    005 another one done.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
its raining reindeer over here.
trying to get as many done before Im down for the count
I ran out of thick stock so I started gluing up sapele and maple. if someone doesnt like it they dont have to take it. the front row of smaller ones are for the kids at school to paint.
still have blocks to cut up probably finish them up by early next week.

Attachments

• raining reindeer 013.jpg
    raining reindeer 013.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 35
today they painted their reindeer, next week they will decorate them with the bells and pipe cleaners they are really into this every year.

Attachments

• class reindeer 001.jpg
    class reindeer 001.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 22