Two pantries coming up!

so all the parts you cut for the adjustable system cost you pennies, correct....ok, maybe a few bucks....just pieces to attach to each slide and then you put them in any slot for height....very cool.....Im dumb...because Ive never seen that, made out of wood......what Ive seen in the past are metal made systems that are adjustable.....maybe a little work but you way seems very reasonable price wise, and for some reason makes the cabinet look much more professional.....like real old school woodworking....not sure Im explaining my view right....but I really lilke what you did and eventually I will question you on the way you did it.....how high will you make each shelf wall? I went around 3 inches.so taller bottles of shampoos and stuff like that wouldnt fall when shelves are pulled out or pushed back.

so all the parts you cut for the adjustable system cost you pennies, correct....ok, maybe a few bucks....just pieces to attach to each slide and then you put them in any slot for height....very cool.....Im dumb...because Ive never seen that, made out of wood......what Ive seen in the past are metal made systems that are adjustable.....maybe a little work but you way seems very reasonable price wise, and for some reason makes the cabinet look much more professional.....like real old school woodworking....not sure Im explaining my view right....but I really lilke what you did and eventually I will question you on the way you did it.....how high will you make each shelf wall? I went around 3 inches.so taller bottles of shampoos and stuff like that wouldnt fall when shelves are pulled out or pushed back.
Thanks Allen - what little of my mind that is still functioning is yours to pick at any time.

The sides will be 3 1/4" tall. Partially for the same reasons you mention, partially because I measured our "store bought" pantry pull out shelves, and (mostly) because it is an optimum dimension for my dovetail jig.

Now they are ready for the next step - final cut to length and half blind dovetails.
I admit, I get rather OCD about this stuff. My process to get to this point is involved and overly fanatical.
081C9EE3-C95D-48EA-B6DB-A902F17839A9.jpeg
I started by marking out the rough stock, normal. Then I rough cut everything to length. I then joint one edge and rip it over width by 1/4” or more. Then I face joint and, in this case since I was taking it to 5/8”, I face jointed it several times because my jointer can hog off more material quickly than my planer. Then I go to the planer and plane the opposite face to about 1/8” over finished thickness. Time to let everything rest overnight.

next day, check each board, mark one side and face joint again. Then to the planer for finished dimension then I joint one edge and go to the table saw. I rip the other edge about 1/16” over. Next, back to the planer where I run the boards through on edge, first jointed edge down, then flip and plane to final dimension.

no wonder building things takes me so long. :doh::rofl:

The spice racks/handles look like a great idea

Design wise they're the bomb! Definitely one of the coolest things like this I've seen in a while

I'm not entirely sure I'd like them from a practical point of view.. but then we have our in-use spice collection in a stack of test tubes so it's a slightly different use case. As part of a more designer kitchen though.. :love: