VCarve 10 upgrade

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I was just watching the video demo of the VCarve 10 upgrade features and it looks like a lot of great new features. Even some cribbage board templates thrown in to the mix. ;)

It appears they've integrated the pictureVcarve and some Lithophane features as well. Some of the UI features looked appealing also, so will probably go ahead and upgrade.

https://www.vectric.com/upgrade/vcarve-desktop

I upgraded.

One thing I really like is the chipload calculation in the tool database.
That may not seem like much but to someone starting out - HUGE
We get this one question more than any other - speeds and feeds.
Now that will be easier to answer.

There is more - but I have not yet dug in too deep.

Node editing is a great enhancement
Joining internal to node edit is going to be great.

There is more but I am sure it will all just be a better package.

I upgrade every time anyway - I just like being up to date.
I have never been sorry I updated.

That's just me
If I was just creating programs and it didn't matter much about the operational stuff, I don't think I would upgrade.
I use Aspire almost every day, often times for a paying job.
We ALL need to make our own choices to cost vs benefit.

One thing I really like is the chipload calculation in the tool database.
That may not seem like much but to someone starting out - HUGE
We get this one question more than any other - speeds and feeds.
Now that will be easier to answer.

That will be a huge help to me. I've been going based on 'experimentation' and guesstimation. Sure would like to go faster on some processes if I knew it was going to be based on something more scientific.

... One thing I really like is the chipload calculation in the tool database. That may not seem like much but to someone starting out - HUGE We get this one question more than any other - speeds and feeds. Now that will be easier to answer. ...

Node editing is a great enhancement ...

We ALL need to make our own choices to cost vs benefit.

I'been curious about chipload since installing my CNC. Now, I'll learn more about it!

Node editing has been available in previous versions of VCarve. I've used it extensively.

Node editing has been available in previous versions of VCarve. I've used it extensively.

Me too. But now you can node edit multiple vectors at the same time. Just saved me an hour of work.

Upgrade will pay for itself on that change alone for me.

I'been curious about chipload since installing my CNC. Now, I'll learn more about it!

Yes Node editing has been there ever since I started with V-Carve in 2007, but they just added some enhancements - like multiple vectors and joining - I don't know what else yet.

For me - that is a significant plus.

I went ahead and did the upgrade, they also had a $55 value of selected design collections to download. I picked up the pheasant hunting one, figured I may try some of them on a gun stock.