Vcarve Pro

Rob Keeble

well i heard those of you that have it rave about it but never quiet grasped why until i purchased it and sat down and started through the tutorials.

Wow is all i can say.

i don't know if anyone here has played with making a toolpath template and importing dxf files from some other package but man they got a tutorial on this process for the output from a kitchen cabinet design program where the imported designs fill 7 sheets of 4x8 ply.
Making use of a toolpath template there is a gadget that also applies that template to the 7 sheets automatically. For a cabinet pro with a router capable of 4x8 sheets VCarve would change your business efficiency and capability completely.

Its amazing software. on first look does not seem like much. but go beyond and oh man its a long time since i have seen software of such huge value for the price.

thanks for encouraging me to get it.

i had to go for the pro version due to my machine size and frankly the future where i see myself getting a full size 4x8 machine.

Rob,

Yes I have done the things you said.

Even now as I am making my pantry cabinet I am doing the DXF import and creating toolpath and cutting on my CNC.

I have a 4x4 machine and the cabinet sides are 89" and cut out of a full sheet of plywood.

The precision of the CNC, the 90* angles make perfectly true cabinet parts.

I have been using Vectric since 2007 and have never regretted it.

Vectric V-Carve Pro goes a LOT deeper yet. It becomes truly amazing what you can actually do with it. PLUS I am always in awe at the creative abilities of the users on the Vectric User Forum. It seems limitless as to what can be done with it. Aspire is yet a whole nuther amazing level. Then the company support is unparalleled.

Yeah - it's pretty good stuff.

one thing i was delighted with that i tested was drawing on VCarve and exporting as SVG and then brining that file into my vinyl cutter software.
i think i mentally did some sort of Irish dance in my head.
lots to learn i am just happy my brain is taking it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing i was delighted with that i tested was drawing on VCarve and exporting as SVG and then brining that file into my vinyl cutter software.
i think i mentally did some sort of Irish dance in my head.
lots to learn i am just happy my brain is taking it in.

Nice, yeah there are different outputs you can do for the gcode and customize your own. I made one up for my laser to adjust height into intensity settings on the gcode output. Dunno if your vinyl cutter will read gcode, but may be able to create one from it directly.

Nice, yeah there are different outputs you can do for the gcode and customize your own. I made one up for my laser to adjust height into intensity settings on the gcode output. Dunno if your vinyl cutter will read gcode, but may be able to create one from it directly.

Vinyl plotters don't run on gcode, they will generally run LPGL or HPGL but its not a problem to save vectors in either SVG or EPS format & then import into any cutting software you use.
I generally work the other way though, design in my signmaking software & then export the vectors as EPS for import into Vectric software, not because the Vectric software isn't capable of producing vector artwork but simply because I have been using the signmaking software for a long time & am much more proficient with it. I do use the Vectric software for basic vector generation & am getting better with it though lol

Rob, don't forget to check out the Vectric forum if you haven't already, lots of very helpful people on there & lots of interesting stuff posted in the Galleries, some really talented people post projects they have done.

Thanks Martin good to know.

My interest with the vinyl cutter and integration lies with wanting to wrap a box in vinyl but have it register with a piece of Mdf that has holes cut in it.

So my test will be exporting the svg from VCarve to the vinyl cutter software to hopefully accurately cut vinyl to match the mdf cut outs.

Time will tell.

As to other forums, i limit myself to this one. Been here for years and i trust the friends i have made here like brothers and sisters. I know i may be missing out but dont wish to be online too much.

Martin and I have been on the Vectric forum for quite some time now. We both participate quite regularly. I feel the same on the Vectric forum as I do here. Even had a bunch of them over to my house last year. I will vouch for what Martin said about the Vectric user forum. One of the best forums on the net. I understand your sentiment on Family though - this is also a fine group on the forum stage.