Vectric Worldwide User Group Meeting

I have watched a few sessions but I missed that one and sorry I did, but it will be on the DVD. So far it is all very good. Very well presented and a ton of learning.

Soo what did you take away from that one?

He covered quite a few topics regarding marketing and use of social media. Picking your target audience and focusing on things that theme together (Weddings, kids, anniversaries, etc). When using social media, post daily and on topic for your product, uses of it, or how they are made (to show they are hand made).

During his demo he was using a lot of the tools his company sells, but it was nice to see some of the products being used. Such as the type of mask he was using (Oramask film I believe) and using layers to do multi colored pieces, using milk paint, and the amana cutters he was using (https://www.toolstoday.com/v-10600-rc-45711.html). I ended up ordering a set of those, which have the replaceable blades in them, they seemed to cut very clean.

Yeah, I guess I did watch it. I remember those topics.

I remember the stuff, but I can never remember where I saw it, or read it.

I guess it's an age thing. What's it gonna be like when I get old?

I don't have the ORAmask, but I have 3-4 other varieties. I have mask specific for the laser. I have mask like Avery. I have done some multilayer colors in the past. Years ago I made a Family Woodworking logo sign for a swap project. I don't remember who got it.

But, Yeah - he DID have a LOT of really good info in there. I particularly liked the target market discussion. Home Decor - Weddings - Kids. I kinda knew it, but never really focused down on it in quite that way.

Also making the machine your employee, having them do work while you're doing other work. I know for me, this take some getting used to. A lot of stuff I'm doing so far has been one off projects, but if I get a product I can throw material on and let it do it's thing while I go do other stuff will help with productivity.

Yesterday and today I had a small to do beside my new sign. I was running both the Laser and the CNC router. I was getting materials and sanding while they were running. I made money on the small stuff while working on the big job.

I love this stuff.

I'm just catching up on the session videos since we went to the farm yesterday. The plugin one was interesting, looking forward to the others. I'll have to check out the show and tell.