Walnut Coffee Table

also bills idea of getting one side to be close to flate or not tittering then use that for the base to flatten the other side is the best way to go doing a flatting in a wide belt is a tuffer job to maintain as much thickness as you can and the cut and wait is a great way to control the inner stress as you get it flat
It's also heave as heck, I don't think it'd be fun to manhandle multiple times through that belt sander, lol.

does some one still have access to her estate there?
NO Maralynn sold everything to a liquidator after her son took all the shop equipment, one of the Trailer and the Truck but trust me Larry, IT WAS NOT THERE I personally went through everything when you told me to look for it.last time. It must be in California.
Here's what Carol posted in my slab thread:
"Aug 2, 2017
I have one, too. Been drying in a shed in Arizona for the same amount of time as Vaughn's. Also destined to be a low table. Someday. Sighhhh...."

Here's what Carol posted in my slab thread:
"Aug 2, 2017
I have one, too. Been drying in a shed in Arizona for the same amount of time as Vaughn's. Also destined to be a low table. Someday. Sighhhh...."
If that the case then it must be at her brothers house in Strawberry or she left it at the house she sold to Marilynn in Strawberry. I know for a fact that it wasn't at the Coolidge. If you would like I can E mail Marilynn and ask her if she knows anything about it but I am sure she would have mentioned it to me when we were looking for it at the Coolidge House.

Well, Slight change of plans. After cleaning up the living room a bit and pulling the coffee table out of there, Sharon likes the added dancing room more than she wants a coffee table. She thinks this would be a bit too large, and I'm not of a mind to cut that beautiful slab down to size.

Back to the drawing board.

Well, Slight change of plans. After cleaning up the living room a bit and pulling the coffee table out of there, Sharon likes the added dancing room more than she wants a coffee table. She thinks this would be a bit too large, and I'm not of a mind to cut that beautiful slab down to size.

Back to the drawing board.
just make sure you build it stout and tell her she can dance ON the table...lol:hide:

OK, how about this. The slab is clearly too large for the space we will be using it in. Instead of my initial suggestion of cutting it down the middle is that you cut off the bottom 2 (or less) feet of the square end. We can use that as the end table in the corner of the sofa/love seat and still preserve the natural look of the table in general. Then you can use one of those smaller slabs as the small table between the sofa and recliner. Three matching pieces, sized for the space they will be in.