Ways to apply tung oil?

Hi.
I tend to apply tung oil on most of my pieces and basically what I do is what is suggested on the instructions. " Apply, and wipe off excess after one hour" " one or two coats for interior light use and three to five coats for exterior or heavy use" Thinning with pure turpentine oil (max 10%) or orange oil (max 5%).
I've never tried mixing it with linseed oil or wax, following one of the formulas that are around.

According to your experience is there any other way of applying it or a favourite formula that you'd like to share?
Thanks in advance.

Don't care much for Tung oil myself... seems to take a long time to dry and cure... my preferred finish is Polyurethane... I generally will put about 6 coats on a pepper mill or bowl, drying overnight and sanding slightly between coats. I usually under coat it with a good sanding sealer (Old Master's) and on some woods will under coat that with my version of an abrasive past similar to Yorkshire Grit.

Basically the same as you do Toni, although on some pieces I'll thin it perhaps a bit more than that. I'll also use a drop or three of japan drier in some cases.

I never really understood mixing it with wax, the wax will slow down polymerization. It would go on easier, but I can't see how it would help the finished piece. I'll top coat some things with wax but mixing it in never made much sense to me.

Mixing in a bit of poly would accelerate curing if it's a compatible poly, you'd have to be more careful picking what you use today given all the complicated formulations I think.

The one time I used it was on a replica Rev. War musket I built. Wood was plain walnut. I slathered on with a brush, wiped down and left. It dried overnight. Despite being used outdoors and sometimes being kept in humid conditions (tent) it is still in excellent shape 50 years later. BTW, I used pure Tung, no additives.