Well that was fun NOT

I had a update for win10 Thursday and done a restart and then none of my browsers would work. Not Edge, Firefox, Nothing. I tried several times to uninstall the updates and when prompted to restart to complete it would reinstall the update. Never could get rid of it no mater what I tried. So after fooling with it all day thr and fri I gave up and had to do a reset. Of course I have lost everything now and have to start all over. Have I ever said how much I HATE Win10.

I cant remember how I had thing set up before but I do know what it is doing now SUCKS and I cant seem to figure out how to fix it

:bang::bang::dunno::doh::huh::huh::crash::crash::crash::crash::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I had a update for win10 Thursday and done a restart and then none of my browsers would work. Not Edge, Firefox, Nothing. I tried several times to uninstall the updates and when prompted to restart to complete it would reinstall the update. Never could get rid of it no mater what I tried. So after fooling with it all day thr and fri I gave up and had to do a reset. Of course I have lost everything now and have to start all over. Have I ever said how much I HATE Win10.

I cant remember how I had thing set up before but I do know what it is doing now SUCKS and I cant seem to figure out how to fix it

:bang::bang::dunno::doh::huh::huh::crash::crash::crash::crash::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:
Thanks for the heads up, There is an update they want on my machine I have been putting off. Think I'll wait on this one.

I am getting notified that they want to install Win 11 on our machines.

I am fearful of all Microsoft updates. They have so many people working there that have to justify their existence and they all want to tweak the software just a little so they can say look what I did.

Well, what they did usually ruins some computers somewhere.

Same dog bit me a few weeks ago, Jay. I ended up restoring all of my data from backups, but since a bunch of them were incremental backups that had to be restored sequentially, it literally took days to get it accomplished.

And yeah, I'll wait on the Windows 11 update for quite a while. With my luck, the update will be fine but one or more of the apps I rely on will not support it.

Interesting. I run Win 10 on two pc's and never had any problems with the updates. Not bragging, just holding my breath. I have heard many horror stories. I was going to go on update to Win 11, but my understanding is that Win 12 is not that far off. And, according to one of my nephews who is a MS Developer, there will be a Win 12. So all I know is I don't have to get in a hurry to do either. Just recently upgraded both pc's to new motherboards and processors. They are Win 11 ready except for that Secure Boot requirement. I hate messing around in the BIOS too much. That can be a big disaster. But I have learned that if all else fails, and things seem to be gone or really gone, take the battery out for about a minute, put it back in, and then boot up.

Bummer, I try to delay updates and do the cumulative ones when I can. I’ve not even turned on my win 10 laptop lately, mostly trying not to use up bandwidth. We used up our monthly limit early last month and buying in small chunks to get through got expensive.

It's nice to have something safe to hate ;-) I'm not partial to any particular OS but, have run Win10 for many years. It did take me about 18 months to update to Win7 and about the same for Win10. This seems to give folks enough time to do involuntary alpha-testing for Microsoft and get things quieted down. I am on 20H2, build 19042.1348 on a few machines of different make, CPU type and memory sizes without issue.

I also don't do much beyond basic computing; word processing, spreadsheets, Sketchup, browsing the web, etc. No gaming, social networking outside of a few woodworking forums and I have disabled and / or blocked many things that do bothersome things while I am trying to work. I should mention these are all running Win 10 Pro. Windows 10 Home differs from Windows 10 Pro enough to nearly be a different implementation of the OS.

Backups are your friend. Nothing like a major problem to re-inspire one to do regular backups.

Backups are your friend. Nothing like a major problem to re-inspire one to do regular backups.
Boy, ain't THAT the truth. I'm now running monthly full backups and weekly incrementals. Plus I have Carbonite running in the background to catch anything important that might happen between the weekly ones.

So far (KNOCKING ON WOOD (SIDE OF HEAD)) I haven't had any issues with Windows 10... don't like it and didn't want it, but last computer I had to buy came with it... won't run a couple of my older programs I ran on XP, but does most of what I do.... Like Glenn I do mostly basic computing, search web, email, my forums, spreadsheets and not much else... only gaming I do is hearts and solitaire and not much of that. I do like to read the news on the computer daily...

Way back when I was working, the company bought a computer with Mellinium on it...was purported to be one of the worst iterations of Windows there was... I dealt U.S. Dept of commerce, Airlines, Steamship lines, etc.... the program worked for me just fine... it was one of only 3 computers in the office that would open pictures from the digital camera... the rest of the terminals were dumb terminals connected to the mainframe which ran on Linux.