What are you doinng during CV-19

Social distancing on Saturday and Sunday. I went through about 30 pot calls and took apart the ones that were off. I made some small adjustments to the sound boards. Cleaning up the over all look. Jarrod wants me to get a booth at Harrisburg Fishing and Hunting show next year. With all this CV-19 and basic lock down this year it beginning to look like I will have the numbers I need to go. Usually I sell what I've made so this year Putting a hold on putting them out there for sale. Now I've have the perfect design I can get to work with much confidence.

Very little change for me so far. I stick close to home in good times. Outside of the uncertainty of my suppliers no sweat.

Except.... This year is our 10th anniversary and we were all set to spend a week on Mackinac Island in early July. The Jan's hip started acting up and she was thinking about a new hip in early june which would have moved our vacation out. Then the virus hit and, most likely, all elective surgery will be moved out a month or so.

Guess we go to the island next year. :(

Not much different for us. Since both of us are retired, we stay close to home most of the time. The main impact is not being able to enjoy our favorite restaurants, but we have plenty of food stockpiled to cook at home. We had planned a couple of driving trips, so those are on hold but were not 'must do' anyway.

Luckily working from home so just like work but quieter and more productive.

On the home front, been doing a bit of organizing and since we're not going anywhere soon ramping up the garden production in our totally inadequate patio setup. Worst case we have extra veggies :)

It's birthday season for a lot of us in my family, so we've been having lots of 8-way video chats with the whole fam on Zoom....they've even played some shared online games through Jackbox. No one needs to drive anywhere, so beverage consumption has increased a bit, and it gets kinda funny sometimes. :b-day: :beer:

Also installed some carpet in the basement, have been playing some old vinyl on my new turntable, and am starting to rebuild the 2nd of my 55 year old Dynaco tube amplifiers.

I don't go out much anyway, so stay at home is easy for me.

I am seriously leveling the Laser machine table. Not much precision in a Chinese laser machine.

As I get used to my laser machine I have noticed some deviations when doing laser work on the entire 20 x 30 work table. So, I have decided to make the work surface to be parallel to the XY plane of the machine. It is taking a couple of days.

not much of going anywhere for a while. getting a little boring around here, watched both versions of aladdin (live version had its points, but will smith is no robin williams), watched all versions of freud on netflix, and am watching all of the star wars movies (up to return of the jedi). picked up a 2tb external drive, and copied, and sorted all of my cnc/laser files, started with 1.81tb available, and after, still have 1.81tb. got gas at costco ($149/gal) all of $5 worth, and some odds and ends, picked up perscriptions at cub, and scored 2 6packs of toilet paper (at the 1 pack per customer, we became 2 customers). other than that, a bit on the boring side around here....

Not much different for us. Since both of us are retired, we stay close to home most of the time. The main impact is not being able to enjoy our favorite restaurants, but we have plenty of food stockpiled to cook at home. We had planned a couple of driving trips, so those are on hold but were not 'must do' anyway.
Pretty much the same for us. We must live parallel lives, Bill. :)

Same Stuff, Different day. Working from home, Swamped with work. I rarely go to town anyway, so not much has changed.

Social distancing on Saturday and Sunday. I went through about 30 pot calls and took apart the ones that were off. I made some small adjustments to the sound boards. Cleaning up the over all look. Jarrod wants me to get a booth at Harrisburg Fishing and Hunting show next year. With all this CV-19 and basic lock down this year it beginning to look like I will have the numbers I need to go. Usually I sell what I've made so this year Putting a hold on putting them out there for sale. Now I've have the perfect design I can get to work with much confidence.
you keep that up and you'll have your own TV reality show like "Duck Dynasty".... maybe call it "Turkey Trotters"or some such.

It has warmed up nicely here and I can go to the shop without pain so nearly every day I have been turning 4 or 5 hours. I already have nearly 40 ort bowls in the box ready to be photographed and perhaps as many as 20 4-5 inch bowls in various timbers which I can sell readily under normal circumstances. I also have nearly 40 Japanese inspired bowls I need to photograph that I intend to offer for sale. That is an untested market for me although I have sold a few already and haven't even put them up for sale.

This year Covid-19 may have a profound effect upon those of us trying to sell a few pieces of wood. Some of our customer base may have less disposable income.

I intend to continue turning and hope that I can sell this stuff in the fall as I have in the past.

Cancer left me severely damaged and I can ill afford contact with people who might be carriers so I am being very careful in my self isolation.

I pray for all of us to weather this storm. As my grandfather used to say, "Rough weather makes good timber."

Not much. Sold all my woodworking tools last fall due to health reasons:(. Been spending time on Zoom with the Lions Club, Shriners, and Shriners Hospital.
Could not have my knee replacement due to it being an elective surgery 😠 but my colonoscopy was moved to August :)
Can't see the kids or grandkids either unless it's on Zoom or Facetime. It's a bummer but everyone is in the same situation, just gotta make the best of it. Getting ready to paint the interior trim and 3 of the bedroom walls. I'd rather chew glass than paint.
Our Lions club is gathering supplies for the needy so I'll be adding to the pile and helping to deliver to those in need.
So far the whole family is healthy. Two of my daughters are nurses and one is a X-ray tech. Two had to be tested for CV19 and came back negative 😊
Keeping busy and keeping positive 🙂

My wife is supposed to fly home from Puerto Rico tomorrow. If they don't cancel her flight, she's flying in to Boston, where I will pick her up about supper time. My store manager told me today, "As soon as she gets in the car, you're on a 14-day leave of absense." I guess I'll have plenty of time to finish a few projects after all.

I'm a mechanic in a factory that provides dairy products so I'm considered "essential" (or expendable). So I still go in everyday to work. Thankful for a steady paycheck but working closely around 100 people a day makes me feel uneasy as this virus can be anywhere on anyone at anytime. I find myself trying to avoid as many as I can but some situations cannot be avoided. I continue to work on our bathroom makeover. Wishing the warmer weather would hurry up a bit more. I see the grass growing already so mowing is just around the corner.

Several weeks ago the company gave us a letter explaining the corporate policy regarding the virus and how it affected us as employees. This morning on my way to work I remembered that letter and "something" about "if the company sends you home". About mid-morning today I found the letter and reread it. Sure enough, it says "If an employee is sent home by the company because he has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, that employee must self quarantine for 14 days, which will be paid time based on the employees normal workweek. I presented it to my boss who said, "your wife hasn't tested positive so this doesn't apply." To which I said, "the company is sending me home, I'm not just taking the time off,so it doesn't matter whether she tested or not." After I had gone for the day, he called me to tell me that HR agreed with my take . That means I have a two-week paid vacation. So, not only will I get some projects done around home, I won't lose any money doing it.

I don't get out a whole bunch anyway. So, no great burden for me. I'm generally quite content with playing in my shop, playing with the doggies, etc. I do miss going out for tamales and chicken fried steak, though. Oh, well.