What are you doinng during CV-19

Don't go out that much anyway so no problem. As it is getting warmer I have been enjoying shop time.
Finished up jobs from back burner for awhile. Making cheese boards and enjoying myself. Also annoying the better half, but that is just normal.
Everyone please stay away from the bug. Sure don't want to read of any infections here. The news is bad enough
David look

We are retired..so not to many changes. Miss going out w/friends to eat. We did go to the grocery..senior time..yesterday, carefully.
One thing..This room remodel is getting to be harder to do ( I have O.L.D disease ). I would much rather be outside! Have go to Menards for paint,
too.
do be safe

We still have work coming in the shop. Jarrod is doing the pick ups and delivery's. We've kind of adopted a surgical like mentality. Customers are keeping distances when they arrive and guys will remove and put items in the customer cars. Not quite business as usual but we are remaining busy.
I'm working all my options for Turkey season. Making calls. I was thinking if it gets to the point where everything must shut down I'll revert back to painting. In the back of my mind I kind of would welcome that but I wish it never to get that far.

Well the only major change for me is no Gym time. I am used to going 3 days a week so that means I have more time for playing with the CNC. I do miss going to Church it's been 2 weeks and doesn't look promising till at least until the end of April. From a business stand point I don't have any appointments scheduled but this is a slow time of the year for Medicare appointments so no big deal their as long as this is over by October I am good to go. My monthly commissions checks come in whether I see client of not and the few that have questions I can help over the phone. Now LOML she is used to going shopping getting here nails and hair done and getting a message so she is really bored.

Well I now have the month of April, probably more, for shop time or whatever else I want to do. Got the call Monday night that I'm furloughed thru the end of the month. Paid for 1/2 of it and then have a bunch of PTO to get paid thru mid May. After that no idea if I'll have a job to go back to or not. The company I work for (the green rental car company) is losing money like never before due to no one traveling for business or pleasure. Like 1/8th of normal revenue since mid March. Several thousand fellow employees are in the same boat as me. Worked for the same company for 16.5yrs so it feels weird to say the least. Sucks but treating as a new adventure and make the most of it, no other choice really.

We have been out for walks or drives just to get out of the house and not much else other than getting food and drink.

As luck would have it I did get an order this morning for 20 cutting boards from a realtor friend to use as closing gifts. She didn't know I was furloughed before the order either so it was a welcome surprise for sure! Hopefully the lumber store is open for business. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about that Jeff, but good deal on the boards. Should make for some nice shop time. I know several of my wife's clients have started to furlough, even have several wanting to cancel policies since they have no work going on to insure against, which causes her more work since she has to evaluate what can be cut and still keep their core business assets covered.

...Hopefully the lumber store is open for business. :rolleyes:
The one and only hardwood lumber store here is open, but by appointment only. They will let you go into the store to select your wood (while keeping socially distant). For other items like pen kits and other packaged items, you can tell them on the phone what you want and they'll bring it out to your car for you.

Well, on top of my company telling me to stay home for two weeks our governor has mandated a stay at home order in effect at midnight tonight. There are some exceptions,and a possible $1,000 dollar fine and/or 6 months in jail for violating the order. If that does what I expect it will to the auto repair business, I may not be needed back at NAPA when my quarantine is up.

I work, or I guess that is worked, for an architectural that has a lot of major retail and restaurant clients. It did not take long for the snowball from all the closings to roll through our firm. Went from 85 employees to roughly 40 in about five days and it will get worse before it gets better. While many of the restaurants will still do takeout and drive through and most of the retailers will be doing online sales they will eventually come out of this ok. Not all, for sure. I imagine there will be several mom and pop places that never reopen. I see a long road ahead for the architectural industry since we depend on brick and mortar to make ends meet. Our firm has a healthcare studio and a business studio that does a good bit of warehouse work so we are kind of counting on them to keep the company afloat for a while. In the meantime, I’m home riding things out on unemployment and getting in some much needed shop time. My wife is still working but is able to work entirely from home. It’s an interesting life right now.

I know one thing for sure. With me working and her at home, something has to change. She has to go back to work. I bet I've gained 5 lbs already. She is trying out new recipes and constantly has a huge meal fixed.
went thrugh that my first year of marriage... even working, Dianne put 30 pounds on me.... I went from 155 soaking wet to 185 lbs in nothing fat.

The quaratine is bringing new experiences to me. This is the time of year I do my annual checkups stuff. Both the Dentist and eye exam were flat cancelled, they'll call me back when they can re-schedule. But my quarterly doc visit has also been cancelled...sort of. I got an e mail yesterday it will be a "video visit" today. Should be interesting since I have no clue how to do that on my end.

The quaratine is bringing new experiences to me. This is the time of year I do my annual checkups stuff. Both the Dentist and eye exam were flat cancelled, they'll call me back when they can re-schedule. But my quarterly doc visit has also been cancelled...sort of. I got an e mail yesterday it will be a "video visit" today. Should be interesting since I have no clue how to do that on my end.
Same here. Dentist, Podiatrist, Urologist, Ophthalmologist, and Nephrologist have all cancelled/postponed. GP hasn't cancelled (yet), but that appointment isn't until the very end of the month.

My parents are still down south and their doctors have been keeping schedules yet, but aren't allowing anyone in the waiting room or anyone to go in with the patient (though they let my mom do it anyway). Their appointment yesterday was moved to an over-the-phone checkup, was to get a prescription refilled anyway.

Due to age and health, I'm winding down on my revolutionary reenacting and shooting activities. This has been a more than 50 avocation/obsession. I'm selling my accumulated 'stuff' via a forum dedicated to those activities. Bringing in a few dollars and feeling good knowing the items are going to people who appreciate them. I know my son would just fill the dumpster with all of it.

Everyday is a new day, and a new item off the honey-do list here. Today's task.... it's the upstairs hall where I just put in a new floor. The "N" is the new color. Between an unfinished floor (can't stain now that my severely asthmatic wife is home) and this light paint, that hall is bright!

Attachments

• hall paint.jpg
    hall paint.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
this light paint, that hall is bright!

Amazing how much difference it makes isn't it! When we moved into our current house it was fairly new, and the fellow who buil it was a contractor who was planning to retire in it, about the time the trim went in his wife decided they were moving to California and you could see the substantial quality dip in the last layer. So I redid most of the trim & flooring within the first couple years. One of the things we did was repaint after I'd pulled the el-cheapo carpets out was to re-pain the walls with a bit more resilient paint. It turned out the main hall probably hadn't ever been painted, when we started putting paint on it we looked at each other and said "this was just primer grey before wasn't it". You couldn't really tell because it was a darkish hall, but man it brightened up afterwards with a fresh coat of semi-gloss on it. Huge difference.

Due to age and health, I'm winding down on my revolutionary reenacting and shooting activities. This has been a more than 50 avocation/obsession. I'm selling my accumulated 'stuff' via a forum dedicated to those activities. Bringing in a few dollars and feeling good knowing the items are going to people who appreciate them. I know my son would just fill the dumpster with all of it.
Frank any period items ?