What do you do with turkey legs?

Mike Stafford

What do you do with turkey legs? Well, you make a crock pot full of soup, of course.
I came across this recipe for turkey drumstick soup in the crock pot and all I can say is "Have Mercy!" It is absolutely delicious.
Try it, you'll like it!

Turkey Drumstick Soup

3 turkey drumsticks (2 1/2- 3 pounds total
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 cans chicken broth
1 cup loosely packed egg noodles
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Spray inside of crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Add drumsticks, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bouillon cube, and poultry seasoning. Pour broth over contents. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or until turkey meat is falling off bones.
Remove turkey legs from crock pot and add noodles. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile debone turkey and shred meat into bite-size pieces. Cover with foil to keep it warm and set aside.
When noodles are cooked stir in turkey, parsley and butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to a boil.

Enjoy!

Freezes well.

I need to print that out since the legs usually get tossed at out house. We love turkey, so we fix as many as 5 or so a year at various times. Thanks!

Don't know about 3 legged chicken but when I was growing up we would get baby Rabbits for my younger siblings for Easter. When they got big my Dad would tell them that he was taking them to the forest to set them free. Then within a week my mom would cook a wonderful fried chicken dinner but lo and behold these chicken had 4 legs and no wings.