Windies ELEVEN

Leo Voisine

So what happened to -- Windown 10 is the last windows you will ever buy?

So, can we start complaining now? We are all accustomed to Win 10, and with every new upgrade there will be LOTS and LOTS of hate content about the new stuff. Well, that is until we get used to it, then Win 12 will be the new trash talk.

Already I hate Win 11. WHY, well just because. I don't know anything about it, but historically, it MUST be junk.

I've not had many issues with windows 10, even come to like its linux support. I've also come to like my macbook, but it has just as many quirks as windows 10, but is mostly consistent in it's use through most upgrades. I'll most likely put off upgrading to 11 or what ever it gets called until the last minute, as I did with 10.

Many years ago, long before there were websites like this there were local bulletin boards. I used to participate in a number of them. They were good places to get help about computers, learn about how to operate your system and hardware etc. etc. etc. We also played games. These games had the most elementary of graphics but were fun. In some ways they were only a slight advance on text games like Zork, Enchanter, Planetfall, Suspended, Infidel et al...

One of my favorite bulletin board games was LOD (Land of Devastation). In it you were a trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world. You wandered around in a radioactive wilderness fighting radiation, zombies, mutated creatures etc. etc. As you gained experience you got better weapons and skills. One of your tools was a portable computer. Every once in a while you would find a disk and load it into your computer. Sometimes the discs were useful and sometimes they were not. If you were unlucky you would find the Windows disk which would crash your computer and was the main reason for the destruction of the world.

Does anyone see any parallels between this game and today's world. Win 11, Win 12....how many Wins before LOD? :ROFLMAO:

Historically I have waited at least a year for a new version to settle in before even looking at it very much ;-) If Microsoft ever eliminates the ability to NOT use the "big phone (read Win 8)" UI, I will kill my last few Wondoze machines :crash:. I just can't seem to get with the desktop that looks like an Android device. I'll just lay around in my nice comfy shell world 😬. Who am I kidding, I'd need Gnome or some kinda GUI for general fooling around; I'm spoiled.

Last edited: