winter is coming...need wood?

Really want to get up that way (maybe spring)? We used to camp on the Owyhee (I think).

If you could hold it there, that would be great. We've got some other friends in the area we'd love to have an excuse to visit, and I just love camping up there. Even winter camping...
When we were looking for a place to live, we had narrowed it down to Reno or Boise. Reno won for the airport....
Boise's airport has grown - might be a more even match today.

I can hold it here for you as long as you wish.

Brent, for a suggestion, I am going to take half of a wall down between the kitchen and dining room. Bought a slab from Larry and going to it for a bar top. Lou Ann is still sleeping right now otherwise I would know the name of the finish on the top we are going to use. I do know I have to build a lip around it and pour this stuff on the top (enviro tech????). It looks deep and wet when done properly (so might not look that way on mine :rofl:).

Looks like as soon as I send a check to Larry, I'll be the proud owner of #8, with a couple of other pieces to use as legs... :thumb:

I'm honored to be able to lay claim to some of this wood, and will do my best to do it proud!

(And I'll be shipping it via the Rennie Express, I'll get to do a visit to Idaho in a little while!) :thumb:

Wouldnt No 8 make a proper full table. If i understand the dimensions it like 72 x 32 at the lower end. Surely that would make a great breakfast table as it is. Just cannot even think about how to do the legs.:dunno::eek:

I'm with you, Rob.
Those slabs are enormous!

I don't have the equipment to smooth a top like that in one piece, nor do I have the skills to do it with hand tools. (Nor the patience right now to practise so that I can! :rolleyes:)

But yeah, that might make quite the nice asymmetric shaped coffee table.
How thick are they?

...art

ps: Note to self, make sure to squeeze in a visit to Larry the next time you visit Grandma in Kalamazoo...

I need to get some cherry, but I can get it myself as I am so close:D Thanks for offering delivery to the family Rennie:thumb: IF ANY ONE IS NEAR RENNIE'S ROUTE AND NEED WOOD, I CAN TELL YOU YOU WON'T BE SORRY, LARRY HAS SOME GREAT STUFF HE IS OFFERING AND YA GET TO MEET RENNIE TO BOOT:thumb::thumb::thumb:

am offerun shop time as well rob, yu come down and the rates will be very reasonable:D

chocolate isnt all i have folks..ask tom or rennie or jonathan.. :D:thumb:
if i dont reply soon enough. contact tom niemi, i will be in and out the next few days starting thursday.

well this is last call for the rennie express route.. may have to make another run later:) so if anyone is looking for some wood get in touch and we can work out something..:D:thumb::thumb:

brent i have said my parting words to No. 8,, it is still my favorite..:thumb::thumb:

art if yu want to make one of these,, yu can do it in your shop or garage for that matter,, these arent that rough and can be done with just a RO sander with out to much trouble..and if yu drop in to kazo anytime, yu better let me know yur here and drop over here to say hey:) the wives can talk quilts and we can do the wood stories:)

Here's my guess...

It's a heavy metal Rock and Roll festival dedicated to CROM, Conan the Barbarian's Deity of Choice, and I'm going to also guess that it's held somewhere in Florida at the end of February...

Here's my guess...

It's a heavy metal Rock and Roll festival dedicated to CROM, Conan the Barbarian's Deity of Choice, and I'm going to also guess that it's held somewhere in Florida at the end of February...

That's what google says.:thumb::thumb:
Feb 23 at 655 Purdom Cemetery Rd Pierson, FL 32180, US