The walnut I got from Larry kind of stressed my wood storage capacity so I figured an overhaul was in order. My usual method of just leaning the boards against the wall was beginning to encroach into the walk space and threatening an avalanche whenever looking for a particular piece, plus it was blocking the door to the little closet housing my main water shut off valve. I don't have enough wall space for horizontal shelving and, as I remember it from my last shop, those shelves filled up with all kind of non wood stuff and it was still difficult to find a particular piece...I decided to stay vertical. Got some 3/4" x 20" iron pipe, floor flanges, caps and some eye bolts and chain from Home Depot. Attached some 2"x4"'s to the wall studs with lag bolts and the floor flanges to those with smaller lag bolts. Today I put together the first set. One row at 3' up from the floor and the second at the 6.5' level, with a total of 44" of vertical space between the bars. It worked out pretty well. Tomorrow I'll do the same for the next section of wall on the other side of the closet. This method lets me leaf through the boards without fear of getting squashed. My only question is whether or not to put a piece of plywood over the concrete the wood is resting on. It's been sitting on the concrete for years with no apparent damage, so I'm thinking it's not necessary.