Woodworking This Time

Cool drawing, Dave! Great work as usual. I'm trying to figure out how the treadle pivots. Can you show another view from a different angle? (Do you like how I posed that as a question, when I know fully well you can show a bazillion different views of the drawing, LOL.) :D

A question about the cabinet doors? The panel opening appears to have rounded corners, as if routed after assembly, but the edge bead around the panel appears to be straight into the corner. Is this an inserted panel? If so, then why not a square cornered opening for the panel. The Dutch didn't have routers in 1900 anyway.

Charley

A question about the cabinet doors? The panel opening appears to have rounded corners, as if routed after assembly, but the edge bead around the panel appears to be straight into the corner. Is this an inserted panel? If so, then why not a square cornered opening for the panel. The Dutch didn't have routers in 1900 anyway.

Charley
The edges of the rails and stiles are coved as if they were cut with a molding plane and finished carefully with a gouge. The cove isn't deep enough to meet the groove for the panel. As for why not square cornered openings, I guess you'd have to ask the person who designed it. Of course they are probably long dead. I didn't design the piece, I modeled it from photographs of the original cabinet because I liked it. I'm not in any position to make judgement calls about why a furniture maker chose to do anything, especially when the decision was made more than a century ago.