x axis still shuddering

The other thing would be to move that pattern to another position on the bed of the laser and see if it happens with the same pattern.

If it doesn't happen, there is probably something mechanical in that area.

If it does, well, then I'd lean towards settings somewhere.

had a few minutes today, after this morning's fun. swapped out the pc's, stutter still there. wired in the other motor, while holding on to it, could feel when it stuttered. picked up a new usb cable, will give that a try in the morning. when i hold the probes to the hot and ground on the controller, it will give me several different readings in as many seconds. i have turned it all the way back, getting a single line, then advancing it to the point where the letters of the title look just right. then it runs for a bit, then stutters. then i advance it a bit more, stutters. then a bit more, stutters.

swapped out the usb cable last night, no change. went back to using the desktop, no change. if it were the power supply, it would affect all three motors, not just the x axis. the motor really goes spastic at the end of the video. but all of this is moot, since my wife :blah: bought me a new laser engraver for my birthday.

as i had gotten a new angle on this from jay johnson (jtech photonics), and as i had to pick up some packages, i thought i would give it a try, only a couple of minutes mind you. he said that i should loosen the wires of the offending motor on the controller, and reseat them, and thighten them down. i got the first three loosened, but coming to the black one, would hardly turn at all. then i noticed what looked to be some scorch marks by the screw, and i thought, could this be causing the problem? no scorching for the other 2. i'm thinking about replacing the controller now.

IMG_20200701_115652734.jpgIMG_20200701_115827385_MP.jpgIMG_20200701_115836578.jpg