Ye old shop

IMG_0856.JPGHonden Lathe 7 002.JPG
ca2MZIq.jpg
ca2MZIq.jpg
shop stuff 003.JPGshop 12-31-2015 004.JPG

Sorry about the repeats. I kept getting a picture download error, so I kept trying different methods. Seems they were all downloading without my knowledge.

About 800 sg ft shop built in the 40's-60's on concrete slab. I do have it somewhat insulated and air conditioned.
I'm set up for woodworking and metal work. It's a bit tight, but I make it work. I do best repairing old machines and making custom pieces of furniture or items.

Interesting shop - almost as cluttered as mine... :rolleyes: Looks like quite a varied menagerie of tools.

I see the San Marcos Dodge sign. Is that where you're located? I used to live in Orange County (Tustin) but moved to Ohio when I retired

People give me stuff like signs and general things I use or display. San Marcos is a few miles from where I'm at here in Texas.
No matter how well I organize or clean the shop, it always looks cluttered. I used to worry about it, but the cluttered look is very cozy and comfortable, especially in the dark and wet winter days, with coffee in hand and the old heater running as I look out the window, glad I'm inside. My shop is more a old friend than anything sometimes.

Have trouble locating anything? Neat guys den. Looks like you have one or more of everything.
Welcome to the forum. We love stuff like this.
David

Not so much trouble finding things, it's trying to remember what I have.
For example, I have a drawer that contains screws- boxed screws and catch-all screws- (screws from stuff I remove before I throw it away). I forget the hanging jars of screws across from the bench. If I clean the shop, I find stuff I didn't know I had. I've been here collecting for over 30 years.

Not so much trouble finding things, it's trying to remember what I have.
For example, I have a drawer that contains screws- boxed screws and catch-all screws- (screws from stuff I remove before I throw it away). I forget the hanging jars of screws across from the bench. If I clean the shop, I find stuff I didn't know I had. I've been here collecting for over 30 years.
I know that feeling. I often find stuff from years ago when I clean/rearrange my shop, too.

... No matter how well I organize or clean the shop, it always looks cluttered. I used to worry about it, but the cluttered look is very cozy and comfortable, especially in the dark and wet winter days, with coffee in hand and the old heater running as I look out the window, glad I'm inside. My shop is more a old friend than anything sometimes.
Welcome, Walt. It's a pleasure to meet your old friend. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.