Yea! Shop rising from the sand

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
It began today. Four guys arrived early this morning and a few hours later we have four walls standing. Tomorrow the roof, doors, and windows. Brutally hot out there but I stuck it out in a chair in the shade of the patio.

load 1.jpg

unloading first trailer.jpg

shed rising.jpg

wall 1.jpg

wall2.jpg

wall 3.jpg

wall 4.jpg

amazing how people can work in 100 degree plus weather. looks good.

But it's a dry heat.

Phoenix+Heat.png

The first thing I do in the morning is to check for progress on your tool shed. Can’t wait to see it finished and you back in your element!

Half a crew this morning. Roof going on, nailing schedules met, and red hats (whatever they are). Structural inspection tomorrow. Thursday is all the rest of the details, right down to touch up paint. Friday is final inspection (I hope) and then they turn the building over to me. There was a Tuff Shed inspector here a little bit ago to make sure all was going well and there would be no problems with the building inspections to come. Got an AOK from him, so all is well.

After the building passes final, we will pull the electrical permit. It was less hassle doing it this way. It will still be a couple of weeks before I can move in. The walls will be sheeted from midway to the top. Required for the electrical and certainly gives me lots of solid hanging space. The bottom is left open to facilitate the passive energy cooling system. Bottom vents inlet and full ridge vent outlet. Should work in the heat of Arizona.

Hey Lady wake up please...your dreaming & thats a router in your hands not a camera triggering it won't produce any pictures. Remember without pictures it didn't happen ...shshsh ya we know it did but we're geting anxious. You know it's the best entertainment around.

I like the windows. Plenty of wall space on the inside, and yet you still get natural light, and the size should reduce the amount of heat coming into the structure.

Looks great!

Looks real good Carol, my only concern is those vent. Can you close them or block them off if you need to. The first Hooboom that comes through and your gonna have your shop full of sand. I know your intent is to provide airflow to try to keep the temp down but the sand storms we get can be wicked.