You are lucky with the poison ivy.... I can catch it just talking about it. My dad was like you though, he pulled a bunch of vines off the tree behind his smithy shop, not a sign of reaction... I climbed the tree a couple of weeks afterwards and broke out from belly button to my neck. My mom painted me with blue stone ointment what ever that is for a week or more and I peeled for a month afterwards.Interesting and glad you're alright now. I am lucky in some regards on allergies. Either I have alligator hide ( been accused of that many times) or I just have a good immune system. I can literally roll around in some good green sappy poison ivy, oak or sumac with no reaction at all. Nada. Dunno why. Always been that way best I can remember. Never had any of that yew wood so I can't say if it would get me or not. Main thing is you are better.