Zipcode Saw Returns to the Nest

glenn bradley

I went a little bonkers yesterday with help from my Son in Law. Dad isn't using the tablesaw much anymore and I was tired of fighting the rust settling on it from lack of use (plus the near-ocean location). Despite a recent restoral of Grandpa's old saw, a reduced version of my old hybrid setup now stands in my garage.

22124 Back from Dad's.jpg

It is setup and aligned. I will touch up the shadows on the cast iron and it should stay clean up here where the air is dry and the surface will get some use.

Your going to have to build your new shop larger to house all the table saw’s! Your dad’s saw is the next size up from my zip code craftsman, it’s been a work horse for 15 years.

Your going to have to build your new shop larger to house all the table saw’s! Your dad’s saw is the next size up from my zip code craftsman, it’s been a work horse for 15 years.
Yeah, it's funny. He got the 22124 from me when I stumbled into a Saw Stop. The Saw Stop is great but, I always missed the hybrid. It is just a really nice, hard working tool. It may find yet another home when the new shop gets fitted out. I thing Grandpa's saw will be my second saw if I finally land on having one.

Nice. I've got dads craftsman setup specifically for the incra box joint jig. Its been really handy not having to swap out on my delta and re setup everything.
Dads ts top looks as good as the day he dropped it off. He kept a sheet of luan on top of it when not in use. He said keeps the moisture from settling on it when not in use and soaks up any that would condensate. He's been right, my shop isn't conditioned and we get some wicked humidy and temp changes from time to time.

I always thought if money and space allowed it would be nice to have two table saws in the shop - one set up for ripping with a long outfeed table and the other set up for crosscuts with a sliding crosscut table.
Not to tempt you but grandpa’s model craftsman saw has a very small footprint. About three and three-quarter square feet plus the motor out the back. I may end up putting the motor below and eliminating that protrusion later on. It will of course be fixed at 90 but I’m OK with that.