New profile posts

Hi Bill — I purchased a 724 Ringmaster in 2015 and downloaded every video you submitted to YouTube at that time. I turned a few bowls but then I got sidetracked turning on my wood lathe instead. but, once again in interested in using the Ringmaster but when I went to review your videos I received an error message saying “for private viewing only.” Is it possible to download them from another source.
checks you might be able to shove some sliverss in the bad ones to help disguise them, then sand of. havnt finished jatoba much so dont know how it shows the grain under finish in the swirly areas use some timbermate and tint it to match
what paper you use rennie? i was told a few years ago to use cubic zirconum by a guy that runs a furniture school in jersy or new york, alan ????
Rennie Heuer
Rennie Heuer
I just spoke three days ago to the people at Klingspor. My question to them was - if I am sanding only raw, unfinished hardwoods, which paper will last me the longest. Their answer was to use their Stearate A/O paper. Less clogging, longer lasting. I was not concerned as much with the finish, just the longevity.
Hi Carol.
Sorry for the delay in answering you, I have been quite detached from the forum since I cannot ww. I hope to start again when the doc tells me I can try.
I never thought I would miss it so much, I don't even enter my shop as it gives me the blues.

Regarding your question, yes, in fact LOML and me are planning to come over US next summer, we are talking about either a single trip or maybe a combined one with several destinations, (two or three at most). So attending your gathering would be a pleasure for both of us, if time and dates can be arranged.
However, please do not plan it thinking about us, you set your dates and we'll make our best to come. How far are you now from Washington or L.A.? May be we could make those our stops as well and see other FWW friends there.
Thanks a lot for letting me know and please do keep in touch. I promise I will at least check the forum regularly.

Regards

Toni
Hi Toni,

This coming summer I plan to host a family gathering and I would love to re-create the west coast trip of the four amigos, at least the part where you all visited me.

I know coming to the USA is expensive, but if you have enough planning time, maybe it is possible. I also wondered if you wanted to show your wife the 'other' coast of America?

If you are able, my home is your home. I will reserved my guest facilities for you and Marisol.

The time is not yet set. If you are able to come, we will set the time and date to your schedule. Please think about it. It will be an awesome time together.
Roger, I've lived in the Keys for 40 years and was a dive boat Capt. on my off days form my regular job (park ranger). Worked like that for 15 years for extra money. My picture is out near Alligator Reef in my own boat. Sold that boat about 10 months ago - tired motor that needed replacement and there just wasn't money in the budget for a new one (15-18 grand). Had a lot of fun on that boat but we are also moving out of the Keys. Just not the place it was when we moved here (to many people for a two lane 120 mile road). To answer your question- have not been diving in many years and I'm just getting to old for it anyways. Love to swim and fish but diving is in the pass. I know that we both will miss the area and that beautiful blue water but all our friend are moving out also so there is not much to keep us here. What I am looking forward to is a larger shop with room to move around in. A one car garage has it's limitations.
Robert, I see you are a diver. I haven't seen that flag in a long time. My parents used to be friends with a diver, and we used to go to club events and eat hamburgers and watch. My mum sewed patches for the members, using the diving flag as the background. Have you been diving long?

Roger Tulk
I have a 8' x 27" x 1'(tapering to 3/4") piece of Quilted Mahogany from 'The Tree'. I made cassette boxes for Robert Novak in the 80's and ended up with this piece. It was his personal stash that his ex got in the divorce settlement and I bought form her, after hauling it around and storing for many years. I am interested in selling it. Iwill posted pictures if anyone is interested, but it is stored in the rafters of my shop and I have to dig it out. Thanks.
dem wuz dah daze wasn't they? Remember the face Fred carved into the tree stump with a hatchet?
Leo,

I really enjoy your threads and posts. You have a very logical mind and an artistic talent---that is a rare combination for a person to have.

Enjoy,
JimB
Hey quick question. When you find yourself in the woods, building a tree"fort". Is it a good idea to use a broken boat winch to pull up the lumber?
I would like to get a hold of some instructions or prints or dvd's or anything to show me how to make 3d cutting boards. I have made a lot of boards but cannot find any detailed instructions on how to build 3d boards. I also have watched many videos on 3d making but no real measurements or how to construct them. So any help would be nice.
hi Mike, I saw on the site you have a jointer like mine..though mine is the 4' model.
im trying to reassemble the sliding table with spring under.. can't figure out the catch parts that hold the spring..any pics?
thanks, bill conquest....billconquest@yahoo.com
:wave:Hello,

New to the area. I'm an technology pro by day, a Scout leader by night and a woodworker on every fourth weekend after an equinox. I'd like to improve that last part. But, my day job and Scout responsibilities creep into the weekends.

I am also a festool fanatic. I'm working on having the the whole collection. Sort of like my kids and their Pokemon cards.

I'll work on getting some pics of some of things I've made in a few days.

Bill
Howdy Kevin, Good to see another Michigan woodworker. Family woodworking is well represented in our state. Occasionally we get together; sometimes for social doings and a few brews, other times to learn something or do a little woodworking or wood trading/ giveaways. Read you post on your workbench build woes and will tell you that we all make mistakes. Even the most experienced woodworkers have the occasional brain fart. :D The trick is in hiding the mistakes and keeping your mouth shut. :wave: Mistakes are also the best teachers. (given that, I should have a doctorate)