New toyl, sort of...

Ned Bulken

I'm an audio book fan, but I haven't listened to many in awhile, mostly because I haven't wanted to bring my PDA in the Prius or the van with me lately.

I decided to pick up a cheap MP3 player, and today it came in from tigerdirect. I got a 1G Zen Stone for a whopping $17. So now I have access to my two dozen or so books I've purchased over the past couple of years.

I'll need to get a new pair of headphones eventually, it came with earbuds, but I prefer on ear.

I had access to my kid's ipod shuffle, but I had problems playing the audible.com formatted books on the shuffle. PEBCAK I'm certain, but suffice to say he reclaimed it from me. So, I checked on tiger and found the Zen Stone (refurbished) for that price. It isn't the newest model, but it will more than suffice for my needs. I've already got two novels loaded on it, and have room for 3 more If I wanted them. I've got enough for a couple of weeks work on there as it sits now, so work will be more enjoyable now.

I like the Stone, which is basically the same as the Shuffle in a slightly different case. USB cable charges the battery and allows access for the software to load up the device.

Ned,

The new worktunes has a jack for an mp3 player cable (and comes with its own cable as well).

416DB-645uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-WorkTu...d_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1214970353&sr=8-1

it's a great way to have some noise abatement in the shop *and* listen to audio books and podcasts. "Juice" makes a great podcast receiver... you may never pay for an audio book again... ;)

Thanks,

Bill